Engine Programmer [Beyond Good and Evil 2] (f/m/d)
About Ubisoft Mainz
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2.
Beyond Good And Evil 2 is an action-adventure sci-fi RPG set in the same universe as Ubisoft’s original cult classic. You can now join our crew at Ubisoft Mainz to help us shape this amazing project.
What you will do:
- Provide the technical foundation to power an entire game universe
- Compile, understand and document development needs and assess their feasibility to best serve the production team
- Implement new engine features, respecting the time, frame and memory budgets
- Maintain, extend, debug and optimize the existing game engine
- Share your knowledge with various teams and be a resource contact for programmers.
What you bring:
- 3+ years of professional experience (at least one released title)
- Excellent programming skills in C++
- A thorough grasp of multithreaded programming techniques
- Strong ability for analyzing and extending existing code
- Good knowledge of algorithms & mathematics
- Excellent teamwork abilities
- Fluent English and good communication skills
- Self-organized and structured working attitude.
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent experience
- Relocation support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search via our relocation partner. For international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year: Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, as well as approximately 12 bank holidays in the Mainz region.
- Flexible working hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas. Guest speakers from the industry, workshops and access to our training and development platform
- Self-study and training hours (half a day per month): You have access to our in-house library
- Company pension scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted games: Discount on employee game orders & free Ubisoft games on Ubisoft Connect.
- Gym subsidy: We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly mobility budget: 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Borrow a bike for free: Discover the city from a new perspective.
- English and German classes for free. The main language in the studio is English.
- Free fruit, vegetables, coffee, tea and water. Enjoy some vitamins and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.