As our Engine Programmer, you are versatile and highly motivated to innovate, bursting with ideas for new game development technology. You understand what is necessary to define required functionalities and engine systems to support teams. You thrive off the opportunity to create new low-level systems that enable our game creators to build larger, more immersive open worlds.
- Analyze and understand the requirements of content creators to design new engine systems
- Adapt or replace game engine systems to enhance the efficiency of game development
- Propose new systems and architecture to drive innovation in our game engines
- Analyze innovations and features from external tools and other Ubisoft pipelines to determine where they can be applied to our own pipelines
- Analyze and maintain CPU and loading performance by optimizing algorithms to ensure high efficiency
- Diagnose and repair the most complex defects, including creating systems to help in debugging
- Work on projects of your own initiative through our Innovation Jams
You as a person
You are driven by the challenge - you love R&D and learning the latest technologies. You are eager to learn from your peers and are receptive to their feedback. You believe in team ownership of what you craft and will be working with your colleagues to share ideas and solve complex problems. Besides the above we are looking for someone aligned with our studio’s core values and the following skills and experience:
- Software programming experience
- Professional experience working with low-level programming using C++
- Experience with programming and debugging of complex applications
- Proficiency in multi-threading, performance and optimization techniques
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
What to send our way
- Your resume, highlighting your education, experience, and skills, and anything else (examples of projects) you think we might find helpful.
- A real live person will review your application, in this case Sheena!
This role is based in our Winnipeg studio, with the opportunity for hybrid or full work from home within Manitoba.