Economic Game Designer - (M/F)
The Ubisoft Bordeaux studio is looking for an Eco Game Designer to join its most ambitious AAA mobile project to design and balance F2P features, systems and mechanisms. Your main objective will be to develop innovative features that improve the acquisition, retention, engagement, loyalty and monetization of our players.
Within the studio, you will work under the responsibility of the Lead Game Designer, in close collaboration with the various trades. As such, your missions will be the following:
- Prototyping and designing gameplay and game features that ensure player acquisition, retention and monetization
- Producing the corresponding deliverables (Game Design documents and game feature presentations)
- Producing game content and balance game pacing to ensure the long term retention of players
- Designing user interfaces and tutorials
- Working with artists and programmers to ensure the proper implementation of the game features designed
- Responding to feedback, analytics, and test results in a constructive manner to improve on the designs
- Creating and maintaining living documentation for all game aspects
- Remaining up to date on industry trends including new game genres, design methods, game themes and mechanics
- At least 3-4 years’ experience in Game Design, ideally in a F2P mobile gaming environment
- Expertise in UX/features design/content creation and experience in feature pacing & balancing
- Strong communication skills (both oral & written)
- Proactive and enthusiast team player, comfortable working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Passionate about playing and creating games (mobile games in particular)
- Fluent English (both spoken & written)
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
- Phone Interview
- Interview with our internal teams
- Final interview with the project manager
If your application is not retained, you will receive a negative answer. According to the sanitary measures related to COVID-19, all interviews will be held by visioconference and every employee can partially work from home.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players' lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge. Take entertainment to the next level, join us and create the unknown!
Ubisoft Bordeaux works with passion on the biggest AAA's and aims to offer the best gaming experiences for our players. Today, our studio counts more than 270 talents from 15 different nationalities and is working on licenses such as Assassin’s Creed, Rainbow Six, Beyond Good & Evil 2, but also on mobile games, as well as exciting technologies with Harbour team, our Ubisoft's online service group, and the Streaming team.