DevOps Team Lead - Ubisoft Kubernetes Service
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
The Engineering and Platform team is the creative powerhouse behind Ubisoft’s IT platform: a one-stop destination, offering teams access to services for leveraging cloud and infrastructure in a uniform, self-serve way.
We aim to provide an on prem cloud experience as ambitious as what leading public cloud providers like AWS are offering and our ambition has no limits! We need people who need a good challenge and aren’t afraid of bringing things to new heights.
As part of this team you’d be joining the Ubisoft Kubernetes Service, as a team lead managing between 3 to 8 individuals who are working on providing Kubernetes solutions for all Ubisoft use cases from video game workloads to customer support tools.
- Provide strategic visibility and technical advice to various internal clients whilst understanding their reality & constraints keeping the end users’ satisfaction in mind;
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs, evaluate and define solutions;
- Set development priorities and follow up with technical teams, determine the compromises as required to deliver a product that meets client needs on time and on budget;
- Manage a team to ensure smooth execution of IT strategy and clean roll out of projects;
- Create an environment build on trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort;
- Contribute to team development, expertise evolution, anticipate future needs and proposes training accordingly;
- Set objective, evaluate team members and participate in performance review;
- Communicate with management within the department or other IT departments according to project needs and specificities;
- Bachelors’ degree in IT, Computer Science or any related field;
- Minimum 5 years in development/IT team management;
Skills and competences
- Good Leadership skills and experience managing a team;
- Proven track-record with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, flannel, CoreOS, containerd);
- Experience with scripting and automation (bash, Terraform, Ansible, Chef);
- Experience with several programming languages;
- Enthusiasm of open source software and keen to keep up with latest technology trends and best practices in the industry;
- Experience with Agile methodology;
- Excellent command in spoken & written English and French;
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.