Who we are
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators—at all Ubisoft Canadian studios—to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands such as Far Cry, Assassin’s Creed and Watch Dogs. Our vanguard studio is on the hunt for passionate and experienced innovators to lead our inspired team in the creation of leading-edge technology in one of Canada’s fastest growing cities for game and tech development. Join the family!
Who you are
You are the ultimate tester. The Mew-Tester – a towering pillar of testing might! You have the versatility to learn any game style, any testing workflow, and are always ready for what comes next. You know that being a Dev Tester isn’t sitting around playing games all day. You have the keen analytic skills to identify specific regressions in a build, to work hand-in-hand with the dev team, and to isolate the very changelist that made characters render with their heads inside out. You are the anointed protector of the build. You believe in our studio’s core values and want to be part of a collaborative team.
What you’ll do
- Develop and complete test plans based on game features and design documents as drawn up by the development team, to pinpoint the bugs and methodically verify all of the aspects of the game pertaining to his/her work cell;
- Carry out regular and specific checks of the tasks assigned to his/her production cell;
- Use the development team’s tools to identify bugs, as features are implemented in the game;
- Isolate and reproduce the bugs to assess gravity and probability based on Ubisoft’s standards, and suggest solutions;
- Detail the bugs using the Jira database, and follow-up with other members of the development teams to facilitate their resolution;
- Identify the risks related to the quality of the game, during game content meetings, to discuss the advancement of the project, and explain the progress to the creative team;
- Follow up on functionality bugs detected by external teams;
- Follow up on correction of functionality bugs in real time with the development team;
- Communicate information on the bugs that are detected and on other assigned tasks to all those involved (immediate supervisor, development team members and functionality testers);
- Log images and/or videos;
- Follow all security rules regarding the manipulation of the versions;
- Maintain the best practices in testing with co-development teams;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What you bring
- Industry-related specialized diploma, game tester training or equivalent.
- One (1) year of experience in quality control in the video game industry an asset. Other relevant experience in the industry, or in a related field an asset.
- Rigour and structure;
- Autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Ability to manage priorities;
- Ability to work despite interruptions and changes;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good judgment;
- Bilingualism (French – English);
- Knowledge of bug documentation (Jira or other);
- Understanding of the pipeline and production tools.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills.
A real live person will review your application, in this case Carolina.
At Ubisoft Winnipeg, we are creative to our core. We believe it is not work experience, education or training alone that qualify you to work on our team. A deep passion to build and create, a personal arsenal of innovative solutions to problems developed from an inner calling – we place considerable worth in your personal accomplishments because we recognize that the value they bring to our creative, innovative culture is immeasurable.
We believe our diversity is our strength. We recognize and celebrate a variety of perspectives, opinions, opportunities, and voices. We embrace our differences and draw from them to build our collaborative family culture. We believe we are stronger together.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with. Whether as an elite spy, a master assassin, or a fearless explorer, we put the player at the heart of all our games.