Data Scientist Assistant – Business (6 Month Minimum)
What you'll do
Ubisoft Entertainment is looking for a Data Scientist Assistant to work on marketing services and solutions such as products recommendation, lifetime revenue prediction and audiences segmentation. You'll be part of the Data Science and Data Engineering Team dedicated to NCSA business and media. Position is based in Montreal, but part of the team and clients are also in San Francisco.
Ideal candidate has a strong background in mathematics or computer science and is familiar with big data Machine Learning problem solving. Proficiency in Python or Scala or a similar language is required, knowledge in Spark would be great bonus. The ability to work in a cloud computing environment such as AWS with collaborative dev tools such as Gitlab would also be a good help for an easy onboarding.
- Help to provide new solutions for our different business clients (CRM, media, licensing, sales, e-commerce and finance) for more players insights
- Improve and optimize our ML solutions and platform.
- Promote our solutions and make them easy to understand and use, thanks to presentations, dashboards, documentation, UI...
- Support your team with new ideas especially on more exploratory projects like Attribution or NLG (Natural Language Generation)
- Automate computation process
What you bring to the team
- Strong background in mathematics and statistics
- Passion in the gaming universe
- Perseverance and rigor in problem solving
- Proficiency working with Python or Scala and Spark or similar languages
- Experience in SQL HiveQL and Big data handling
- Machine Learning Libraries knowledge
- Ability to work with cloud computing like AWS in CI/CD environment like Gitlab (a plus)
- Fluency in French and English and interpersonal relations
- Skills in presentation and data visualization
- Sense of business perspectives and priorities
What to send our way
- Your CV, your expertise and/or related experience and skills
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.