At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
Ubisoft Enterprise Data is responsible for providing various internal services such as a data lake, enterprise data warehouse, Big Data platform and reporting tools. The Advanced Analytics & Data Science team within Enterprise Data aims to provide Data Science and Analytics oriented solutions to the various internal partner teams. As a Data Scientist within this team, you will be in charge of working on different data science topics related to the security and risk management.
- Understand the problems or issues that the security and risk management team may encounter (fraud, hacking, ...) and propose solutions and relevant analyses (whether exploratory, descriptive or predictive);
- Develop, automate and maintain those analyses;
- Ensure collaboration with the various teams involved.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role;
- Experience in security and/or fraud data analysis an asset.
Skills and Competencies:
- Experience on use cases based on large volumes of data (SQL, Hive/Spark SQL, Impala);
- Good experience with Machine Learning techniques (supervised and unsupervised: clustering, recommendation system, text mining, graph mining, NLP);
- Good mathematical understanding of the different algorithms of Machine Learning;
- Experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes) and good knowledge of an ETL (Airflow or other);
- Good knowledge of development practices (Git, CI/CD);
- Advanced knowledge of Python programming;
- Good experience with Spark and parallel programming;
- Experience in data visualization (Python libraries, Tableau Software and d3.js);
- Good communication skills;
- Bilingual (French/English) is required both orally and written.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.