Data Engineer – [Ubisoft Connect] (f/m/d)
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to nearly 500 people, making up several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies.
Joining Ubisoft Connect, a division of Ubisoft, you’ll help bring millions of players closer than ever to the games they love.
Together with your colleagues, you'll collaborate with AAA production teams to build critical online and interface tools that enhance players' experiences and connect them to their communities. From exclusive rewards to social sharing features, you and your team of fellow innovators will bring about impactful technological advancements regularly. .
Martin Lavoie (Online Technology Director): "Ubisoft Connect is unique in the industry, as it is the only cross-game, cross-platform destination for players to access everything about their games, and to socialize, share, and contribute. We see it as a next-generation gaming and community ecosystem that removes barriers between devices to let you play your Ubisoft games, whether on PC, console, mobile, or a streaming service."
As our new Data Engineer you'll oversee the maintenance, improvement, cleaning, and manipulation of our data.
You'll contribute to the infrastructure design; building data warehouses, as well as industrializing prototypes developed by the team.
You'll do this together with the support of a Data Analytics team, IT, and Cloud providers. Ultimately, understanding their needs and proposing robust technical solutions to business requirements in a complex technical environment.
- Creating and maintaining optimal data pipeline architecture, in collaboration with Massive and Ubisoft data teams;
- Maximizing utilization of existing infrastructure and managing its extension; when needed, designing and building ETLs that process data from a wide variety of sources;
- Assembling large & complex datasets from heterogeneous data sources, fulfilling business, technical and performance constraints;
- Identifying, designing and implementing automation tools, CI/CD pipelines, unit tests or any relevant solution, to ensure data quality and robustness;
- Industrializing prototypes developed by the team, into scalable and robust solutions used by internal or external clients or application;
- Helping define the department’s data infrastructure standards, and processes;
- Documenting processes, ETLs, reports, and tools, within the centralized dept documentation repository.
You're an excellent problem solver, able to recommend and implement new ways to improve our data reliability. You love to build tools that are useful for others and are Team-Orientated. All the while, you're curious and never stop learning.
- Proven professional experience with Data Engineering and working with Warehouse solutions. Ideally from online services working with large data sets.
- A degree in data engineering/science, a similar field, or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge, experience with relational and NoSQL databases, working familiarity with a wide range of database system;
- Proficient in Python, Scala, Typescript, shell-script;
- Proficient user with Hive/Spark framework, Amazon Web Services ecosystem (notably CDK), and Apache Airflow;
- Proven work experience with complete data pipeline design, deployment, and maintenance in a production environment;
- Proven work experience with automated deployment tools, CI/CD pipelines, and serverless deployment utilities;
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
What We Bring
We offer the opportunity to work on a massive platform that supports millions of users.
- Relocation and Visa Support
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and 11 bank holidays
- Our Ubisoft Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games and all games on Ubisoft Connect for PC
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€
- All Legal residents of Germany are entitled to free public healthcare