Data Developer, Machine Learning Platform
The DNA team develops and manages a variety of data services and tools for storing and analyzing game telemetry. Known as a company-wide reference and trusted source, our products provide:
- real-time visibility on how Ubisoft titles are played; and
- an understanding of the habits and preferences of the people playing them.
Committed to knowledge sharing, we collect, process, and curate in-game data. Then transform it into clear and informative visualizations. The result? Meaningful metrics for production teams to make informed decisions and create even better gaming experiences.
As part of the Merlin team, you’ll participate in the creation of an ambitious Machine Learning platform used to create/test/deploy machine learning algorithms like our content recommendation system for Ubisoft’s games and services. The purpose of this platform is to provide millions of players with even more personalized experiences.
With a focus on usability and scalability for our clients, you’ll play a key role in the team and work on the data pipelines that feed our Machine Learning Platform, while closely collaborating with the clients, MLops developers and data scientists to build a platform capable of making relevant and reliable recommendations. You will own our ML data pipelines, from creating and optimizing flows to working on our new central Feature Store solution.
What you’ll do
Within a Scrum/Agile environment:
- Design, develop, and optimize extremely efficient and reliable data pipelines to prepare data for the Machine Learning use cases.
- Work closely with our clients/partners, internal Data Scientists and Developers on diverse data pipelines (batch and stream processes).
- Play a key role in the creation and improvement of our new Feature Sore solution, aimed to be the central point of interactions for the Data Scientists and everything happening on the platform.
- Synch up with your team to discuss work-in-progress, ideas, and blockers; plan and prioritize; overcome issues; etc.
- Be a key member of the team, participate in the decisions and implementations to improve the platform’s quality.
- Stay current on technological advancements to help develop yourself, the platform and position Ubisoft as a leader of the domain.
What you bring
- Minimum 4 years of data engineering design/development experience in building very large data products, ideally in an AI/ML environment.
- Experience working with Spark and Kafka streams, plus other big data technologies (e.g. Flink, Hadoop, Hive, Athena, etc.)
- Solid programming knowledge in multiple languages (SQL, Python, Java, Scala...).
- Previous experience using cloud technology, ideally AWS (S3, EMR, DynamoDB, SageMaker...)
- Understanding of microservices architecture and REST APIs.
- Knowledge of CI / CD and associated best practices.
- Good understanding of ML concepts (Features, models...).
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- A constant desire to grow and learn and to see teammates succeed together.
Ideally you also have
- Experience building and interacting with REST APIs ingesting/serving large amount of data.
- Already worked on implementing and maintaining a Feature Store.
- Familiarity with industry standards such as Airflow.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker and other DevOps/MLOps technologies.
- Experience with designing and deploying Data Science/ML solutions in the cloud.
- An understanding of the video game industry.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.