Ubisoft’s 19,000 professionals, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity company that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and community can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
The concept artist will develop the 2D elements that will constitute the graphic representations of ideas, provide inspiration and become references for the art groups as well as the production group at large.
- Sketch, draw and design art concepts for game design documents to make the vision of the art direction more tangible
- Create environments, characters, objects, atmospheres, and the general style to provide practical content that direct and indirect groups can capitalize on
- Conceptualize via quick sketches and digital illustrations to help the art director show the preliminary project intentions
- State ideas based on the direction and the advancement of the project with screenshot paint overs and retakes of existing illustrations
- Effectively communicate visual intentions with wider groups
- Make any necessary iterations to ensure that the work is in keeping with the artistic vision
- Convey the color pallets sought by the art director by using it in concepts
- Iterate on selected sketches by adding more detail
- Account for technical constraints and limitations to suggest realistic concepts
- Carry out all other related tasks
- At least 3 years' working experience as a concept artist in the game industry
- Able to adapt to different art styles, from realistic to cartoon
- A Bachelor’s degree in the relevant fields
- Solid 2D drawing skills and good esthetic sense, knowledge of 3D software (3D MAX, ZBRUSH, Blender) is a plus
- Professional skills with Photoshop
- Familiar with Illustrator, Flash, and Adobe After Effect is a plus
- English - intermediate level
- Graphic design background or film and video specialty experience are welcomed.
- Problem-solving and open-minded;
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change;
- Strong leadership skills, autonomous and proactive attitude, results-oriented;
- Sense of initiative, attention to details;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Working well in a group environment;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken;
- Good oral and written communication in English;
- Updating job knowledge proactively;
- Analytical and synthesis skills;
- Capacity to produce efficient software design;
- Being comfortable with debugging unfamiliar code;
- Passion for making and playing games.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.