Community Representative - China
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2016-17 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,460 million.
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 400+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games.
The Community Representative will be responsible for the day-to-day interaction with the fan base for several Ubisoft games, with a focus on free-to-play. The ideal candidate is a creative and passionate gamer who is comfortable with online communities and social media, with excellent written communication skills, and the ability to thrive in a highly dynamic production environment with a distributed team.
The Community Representative is responsible for engaging with & listening to players on Social Media & Community channels, to ultimately influence our players to become active Ubisoft ambassadors.
The community representative will work in close collaboration with local teams in China, & with Community Managers in the Customer Relationship Centers in Newcastle (UK) & Morrisville (US)
1. Community Animation
- With defined community strategy defined by local community manager, you will be responsible to propose and execute tactics for day-to-day interaction with the community for several Ubisoft games, with a focus on free-to-play games
- Collaborate with global Community Developers & regional Community Managers to remain aligned on appropriate messaging for various issues/situations. Monitor global content calendar to identify when spikes in player contacts may occur
- Collaborate with local Chinese teams to remain aligned with local communication & community pulse-points & tone-of-voice
- Pro-actively post live-messages (patch-notes, title updates) on Web, Forums & We-media
- Manage the local 3rd party forums by overseeing moderation, regularly publishing content and manage the relationship with the forum owners
- Monitor and drive conversation on all branded Social Media
- Develop an active and engaged relationship with players. Assess the community’s pulse, understand community concerns, and communicate community status to internal partners
- Regularly engage with players at a 1:1 level, encouraging discussion and engagement to contribute towards the growth of the community
- Demo products at various tradeshows.
- Handle proofreading of localizations with high-quality standards.
- Support the wider CRC teams when required.
2. Community Listening
- Get trained on local community listening tool to fully understand the methodology to generate reports.
- Regular quantified reporting on local players' feedback, in order to allow Ubisoft to get actionable insights.
- Create daily and weekly reports capturing a snapshot of overall community health. Report on areas of concern for the community, surfacing trending topics/threads, and escalating issues when appropriate.
- Gather, analyze and present relevant feedback from the community.
- 1-2 years of experience in a Community or Social media role.
- Fluency in Simplified Chinese as well as in English, including excellent written and oral communication skills in both languages.
- Experience in the video games industry is a significant plus.
- Previous experience with user moderation and conversation management in a digital/online environment, including experience working with forums and social media management tools.
- Strong understanding of social media services, mechanics, and trends, especially Twitter.
- Previous experience with customer first-contact and de-escalation.
- Strong organizational skills and an independent, self-motivated work style
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Basic technical skills, such as HTML, Photoshop, and knowledge of back-office tools for Web is a plus.
- A passion for gaming.
What you will also get:
- An international working environment
- FUN Culture
- Lots of love from your colleagues!
Why Ubisoft Shanghai?
Be a part of the most exciting and innovating video game company in China. Come to work in Shanghai, an amazing city renowned as “Paris of the East”.
Together with a team of multi-national professionals equipped with the cutting-edge technologies, you can be assured of an experience that is both aspirational and fulfilling.
By working in Shanghai studio, you will also be offered with an array of career development opportunities, an abundant training resources, and moreover, a stimulating and creative work environment.
If you’re looking for this kind of job opportunity, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Shanghai.
Join us for an exciting adventure and make great games!