Character Technical Director (M/F)
The Character TD will oversee all technical aspects regarding characters (modeling, rigging, customization, performances, …).
As a Character TD, your main role and tasks are to:
- Determine the team’s technical needs to carry out the visions for the Game design, Artistic direction and Level design ;
- Work with modelers to create a model that meets technical needs
- Design, create, test, and maintain character rigs/setups
- Collaborate with animators to design motion controls
- Coordinate and act as a contact between the modeling team and the programming team;
- Produce documentation on tools, methods, training, processes, and engine constraints for future reference and consultation
- 5 years’ experience in Rigging , Skinning and/or Modelling video game characters or equivalent;
- 2 years’ experience as an assistant TD is a plus
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of 3dMax Character Studio and Motion builder is an asset;
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Max Script, Python and C#;
- Extensive knowledge of game engine limitations and production needs.
- Phone Interview
- Interview with our internal teams
- Final interview with the project manager
If your application is not retained, you will receive a negative answer. According to the sanitary measures related to COVID-19, all interviews will be held by visioconference and every employee can partially work from home.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.
Founded in September 2017, Ubisoft Bordeaux works with passion on the biggest AAA's and aims to offer the best gaming experiences for our players.
Today, our studio counts more than 250 talents from 15 different nationalities and is working on licenses such as Assassin’s Creed, Rainbow Six, Beyond Good & Evil 2, Ghost Recon, Just Dance but also on mobile games as well as exciting technologies with Harbour, our Ubisoft's online service group.
In one of the most attractive region of France, close to the ocean and rich of its vinyards and its historical background, Ubisoft's Bordeaux is the ideal place to combine an ambitious and creative work experience within an exceptional living environment.
Here is an opportunity to join a stimulating, international, ambitious but friendly studio and work on our new, unannounced PVP Game!