Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 40+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Based in Osaka, Japan, the studio formerly known as Digital Kids was acquired by Ubisoft in 2008. Since then, the studio built up a wealth of experience developing for console, handheld, and mobile platforms. The studio released many successful titles, notably for the Petz® brand, and worked on games for a number of high profile partners including Tetris®, The Smurfs™, and The Disney Channel. Ubisoft Osaka collaborated with the Ubisoft San Francisco studio on the development of South Park™ The Fractured But Whole™ and the Rocksmith® franchise. With an eye on the future, the studio continues to grow in size with a focus on fostering its close working relationship with Ubisoft San Francisco to develop upcoming AAA projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create realistic 3D models and textures including characters, creatures and weapons in accordance with the artistic direction, production deadlines and technical specifications
- Sculpt/model UV & texture and integrate both high & low polygon meshes in a PBR pipeline
- Verify the quality of objects in the game, and make improvements where necessary to fit technical constraints and artistic direction
- Work with Technical Artists to maintain and improve Character Art pipeline
- Support Lead Character Artist on establishing best practices on character visual quality bench mark and workflow efficiency
- Provide proxy models for early game integration
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- College Diploma/Degree in computer graphics, 3D, video game development or equivalent training
- 3 + years’ games industry experience with industry 3D packages, preferably 3DSMax & ZBrush
- Experience working on published AAA games is an advantage
- Experience with 3DS Max (preferred) or Maya, Photoshop, Substance Painter, and ZBrush
- Knowledge of real-time modeling techniques (shaders, PBR, normal, displacement etc.)
- Solid portfolio showing 3D art skills and demonstrating a high level of artistic creativity
- Solid high & low resolution modeling and texturing skills
- Familiarity with game development cycle
- Experience in modeling of human anatomy