As a Capture Artist, you’ll report to the video team lead and work closely with directors to deliver video sequences that meet professional production standards (framing, angles, speed of execution, environment, etc.). Your work can be compared to that of a cinematographer (DOP) on a film set. With a cinematographic eye, you’ll help develop trailers, walkthroughs, and featurettes for our cinematics team, Helix.
In this role, you’ll also follow up on daily game versions, while collaborating directly with members from a variety of production teams. Plus, you’ll partner with video editors to edit sequences.
- Capture game footage to create video sequences (trailers, internal videos, etc.).
- Optimize the capture process.
- Pre-select video clips.
- As an avid gamer, know what footage would go well where.
- Make the most of in-game content (like assets, animations, etc.).
- Carry out all other related tasks.
Technical training in audio-visual production and post-production
- Extensive gaming experience: you’re an avid player through and through
- A love of cinema
- Experience creating gameplay demos or walkthroughs
- Experience in video or photo shooting, an asset
- Experience with 3D game engines or environments, an asset
- Excellent artistic sense
- Knowledge of film techniques and language
- Adaptability and rigour
- A collaborative spirit
- Solid technical skills
- Knowledge of the Adobe Suite (Premiere, Media Encoder, After Effects)
- Bilingualism (English and French)
- Knowledge of capture systems and other specialized equipment, an asset
- Knowledge of game engines, an asset