C++ Programmer [Ubisoft Connect] (f/m/d)
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to nearly 500 people, making up several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies.
Joining Ubisoft Connect, a division of Ubisoft, you’ll help bring millions of players closer than ever to the games they love.
Together with your colleagues, you'll collaborate with AAA production teams to build critical online and interface tools that enhance players' experiences and connect them to their communities. From exclusive rewards to social sharing features, you and your team of fellow innovators will bring about impactful technological advancements regularly. .
Martin Lavoie (Online Technology Director): "Ubisoft Connect is unique in the industry, as it is the only cross-game, cross-platform destination for players to access everything about their games, and to socialize, share, and contribute. We see it as a next-generation gaming and community ecosystem that removes barriers between devices to let you play your Ubisoft games, whether on PC, console, mobile, or a streaming service."
As our new C++ programmer you will be involved in the development of features and components related to uploading and downloading game builds from our infrastructure.
You will be using a variety of technologies and programming languages, including but not limited to C++ and web technologies throughout the full spectrum of technology from player-facing solutions to server infrastructure.
As part of the team, you will develop, design, and deploy player-facing applications, internal tools and distributed backend services that form the full flow from uploading Ubisoft PC titles to downloading them on a player’s machine. These solutions are developed with focus on high availability, low latency and scalability.
- Write clear, modular and maintainable code
- Work on the client code base, internal tools, and server backend of Ubisoft Connect. This covers topics such as: game data distribution, network architecture, database management, game related data management, server monitoring, API integrations.
- Be part of an agile team and do the technical design and implementation/improvements of new features.
- Testing, debugging, profiling and maintaining existing code.
You are seeking the opportunity to contribute your own passions to one of the biggest gaming platforms while expanding your experience and knowledge.
- 2+ years of professional programming experience
- Highly confident in C++11 or newer
- Confident in working with REST APIs
- Knowledge in at least one of following: WinAPI, Protocol Buffers, Network Architecture, Backend Services, Databases (SQL).
Nice to have:
- Network Security
What We Bring
We offer the opportunity to work on a massive platform that supports millions of users.
- Relocation and Visa Support
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and 11 bank holidays
- Our Ubisoft Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games and all games on Ubisoft Connect for PC
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€
- All Legal residents of Germany are entitled to free public healthcare
Curios to learn more? check out our launch trailer and our blog post about Ubisoft Connect.