You put your C++ skills to work on any problem in need of a solution. Whether it’s working on productions built in Snowdrop or contributing to the engine itself, you’re there to support – able to adapt to any programming challenge thrown at the studio.
Snowdrop is a powerful game engine that enables Ubisoft content creators to set their creative minds free. Fast and flexible, Snowdrop gives developers innovative tools designed from the ground up for creating the unknown. This engine will power upcoming titles like Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, the Star Wars Project, and the newly announced Splinter Cell remake.
We are hiring for multiple roles on both the Snowdrop game engine and on production game systems built in Snowdrop. In all roles you will:
- Challenge yourself with varied and complex programming challenges
- Learn new technologies and figure out how to integrate them
- Build and enhance systems to support our productions, technology, and tools
- Propose new technologies to improve video game production pipelines
- Work on projects of your own initiative through our Innovation Jams
You’re eager to learn new technologies and love the challenge of problem solving, especially when no clear solution exists. You can work independently, but never hesitate to share ideas and collaborate with your colleagues. You’re receptive to your partner studios’ feedback and work with them to deliver the best experience possible. Besides the above, we are looking for someone aligned with our studio’s core values and the following skills and experience:
- Strong modern C++ (11 and onwards) skills
- Experience in software design and architecting
- Experience with memory management and multi-threading
- Experience with software related to game engines is ideal
- Experience in optimization and data-driven programming is a bonus
- Have worked to support teams with knowledge and practical help
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators at studios around the world to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving gamechanging challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills, and anything else (GitHub, examples of projects) you think we might find helpful.
- A real live person will review your application, in this case Carolina. While we’re doing that, get to know our studio and our team a bit more.