Opened in October 2011, Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is one of the first major video game studios based in the UAE capital and is focusing on developing and bringing to market successful mobile games for a worldwide audience.
This position is based in the vibrant expat city of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi is a multi-cultural city, based on an island in the Persian Gulf and a 1-hour drive from Dubai. Abu Dhabi offers a vibrant social and forward-thinking cultural lifestyle. It has an array of experiences and events including pristine beaches, Formula 1, Theme Parks, Louvre Museum, a vibrant nightlife and year-round sunshine. Abu Dhabi has also ranked number 1 for the past 4 years in a row as the safest city in the world (Numbeo), providing a great home and standard of living.
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi successfully released two hidden-object / investigation free-to-play mobile titles: CSI: Hidden Crimes™ and NCIS: Hidden Crimes™. With the acquisition in February 2017 of the massive multiplayer free-to-play game Growtopia, the studio works on the title’s live operations. The team keeps focusing its efforts on creating further content for its live games and strengthening its player’s engagement in addition to work on other unannounced projects.
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is seeking for a talented C++ programmer with experience and expertise in mobile and online domain. The main responsibilities of the C++ programmer would be to make various modules for the game, design new features with other programmers and mentor the programming team.
- Create various gaming components that can support multi-million user base.
- Write a clean, robust, and reusable code.
- Debug, optimize and maintain existing code.
- Understand the game design and create technical designs based on them.
- Follow and enhance existing development process and set standards.
- Educate other team members on programming issue and concepts.
- Should have worked on multiple games and experienced full lifecycle project delivery including one mobile game.
- Solid C++ experience developing PC, iOS or Android.
- Proven experience in working on an online game that has more than 1 million user base.
- Should be very keen to keep the game under the memory requirement and to maintain 60fps.
- Basic Understanding of the Graphics Pipeline, Shaders, 3D Maths.
- Should be fluent in English and should hold good communication skills to interact with various teams.
- A passion for creating or playing games and a team player.
- Minimum 3 years of programming experience in games.
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in technology would be preferred or any other training or equivalent