C++ Engineering Studio Developer
At Ubisoft Bucharest, we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on projects that shape the entertainment industry. From Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and many others – join us in creating the next big titles in gaming.
Your life at Ubi:
The Engineering Studio team is looking for a developer that will work on various projects for different platforms like porting games on new consoles, cloud gaming (Google Stadia for example), patching and remastering games, making games compilations and game localization (development of Asian version, etc.). You will work in a video games company, learn new technologies, discover the known engines of Ubisoft games and the process of master creation. You will create masters for Steam, Epic, Stadia, PS4 / PS5, Xbox, Switch, Google Store, Apple Store.
Your main mission:
- Succeeding a project efficiently alone or with a team;
- Ensure clear and structured programming, keeping performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements in mind;
- Optimization and debugging;
- Establish responsible deadlines and team estimations, managing your time effectively;
- Ensure the smooth communication with the similar production teams worldwide (with both technical and non-technical parties).
The professional value you bring:
- 4 years of experience or more in Software Development in C++
- Good knowledge of C#, Asp, PHP, Visual Basic, Python;
- Render programming (DirectX, OpenGL, Vulkan, Shader languages)
- Network programming
- Some experience on Linux development (graphics, sound);
- Knowledge of Jira, Perforce;
- Knowledge of general game structure and game files on different platforms as well as burning/copy tools and protections;
- General knowledge of Image File formats/Sound File formats/Movie File formats;
- General knowledge of Windows OS internals (Registry/OS Files and Folders structure/Tweaks);
- Knowledge of games on consoles, in multiplayer mode and Online Consoles Stores;
The personal value you bring:
- Strong communication skills;
- Rigorous, well organized;
- Ability to work as a team member as well as autonomously;
- Ability to take initiatives;
- Inquisitive and ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Gamer on different consoles or PC;
- Fluent in English, French is a definite plus.
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. This ambition is very much embedded into our work here, at Ubisoft Romania, where we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on creating worlds that shape the entertainment industry - from Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and other exciting projects, yet to be announced. We are driven by the work we do and inspired by the fun we have while doing it!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
The production team is very diverse in specialties, and this makes all the magic happen. Together, they create amazing worlds that take entertainment to the next level.
Find us on Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn, see how we do things, how we like to have fun and join us!
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education and skills.