C++ Software Engineer - Simulation & Tools
At Ubisoft Bucharest, we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on projects that shape the entertainment industry. From Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and many others – join us in creating the next big titles in gaming.
Your life at Ubi:
You will be part of an international team working on project Motion - Ubisoft`s real time simulation middleware for cloth, hair, and rigid objects.
Tools, integration and collaboration with many teams and projects across the world are also part of the day-to-day work. This middleware is integrated into most of Ubisoft`s AAA games and supports home consoles and PCs.
Join Motion and make your voice heard by contributing to the shaping of simulation pipelines in the industry!
Your main mission:
- Actively participate in the design and evolution of APIs & tools according to the team’s road-map;
- Ensure clear and structured programming, keeping performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements in mind;
- Open to suggest improvements whenever necessary by designing and implementing new systems;
- Collaborate with and offer support to the game development teams to help integrate the SKD and tools in their production pipeline and optimize the performance;
- Correct the bugs determined by other working units and the quality control team;
- You will document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (other programmers and team members from other working units) to understand how to use the new systems and features;
- You will work in an AGILE environment.
The professional value you bring:
- Highly experienced in C++ programming
- Good knowledge of algorithms and OOP
- Strong 3D math skills
- Knowledge of (game) physic will be a plus
- Good knowledge of C# and WPF will be a plus
The personal value you bring:
- Good teamwork abilities;
- Great interpersonal and communication skills; we work directly with teams around the world;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests;
- Very good problem solving & troubleshooting skills;
- Attention to details;
- Pro-active and self-motivated;
- Ability to keep up in a fast paced environment.
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. This ambition is very much embedded into our work here, at Ubisoft Romania, where we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on creating worlds that shape the entertainment industry - from Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and other exciting projects, yet to be announced. We are driven by the work we do and inspired by the fun we have while doing it!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
The production team is very diverse in specialties, and this makes all the magic happen. Together, they create amazing worlds that take entertainment to the next level.
Find us on Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn, see how we do things, how we like to have fun and join us!
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education and skills.