C/C++ Engineer (M/F/NB)
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
As a C++ Engineer within Ubisoft IT, you will be contributing to the creation and improvement of a new interactive streaming platform for our game productions. As part of a new product team, you will develop an application stack that will set the standard for the future of remote game development, working side by side with a product owner in a fast and creative atmosphere.
Our team members are self-sufficient and have a problem-solving mindset. We are looking for people who are passionate and who are always one step ahead in development platforms, processes, and new ways of working.
You will be exploring new architectures and contributing to design choices as a team, you should be at ease starting from a blank page and making collective choices. We expect the candidate to be curious, open-minded, structured and collaborative.
- Work closely with teammates to design and build highly scalable, available, and reliable native applications using Ubisoft-recommended practices and tools
- Contribute to architecture and design choices as part of the team
- Manage and report on individual priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Contribute to engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex engineering problems
- Produce quality documentation both in-code and out-of-code
- Studies in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Solid experience with software development with C/C++
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation, CI/CD and SDK delivery models.
- Full professional working proficiency in English
Additional Qualifications (one or more)
- Experience with one or more of the following areas: Networking (e.g. UDP, WebRTC), Rendering (e.g. Direct3D, OpenGL), Drivers (e.g. video, HMI) and/or User Interfaces (e.g. Qt)
- Development experience with various Cloud Solution Providers (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Demonstrated ability to share knowledge via formal mentoring, reviewing code, reviewing design documents, providing technical talks, teaching classes, or as a consultant on projects
- Ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Experience with REST APIs
- Knowledge on Windows environment.
💰 Profit sharing, company saving plan. 25 Paid Holidays, 12 additional days off, 50% of your transportation subscription, luncheon voucher, health insurance + special Ubisoft advantages
📍 Our headquarter is in Saint-Mandé (line 1, “Saint-Mandé” stop), Gym inside our office, remote friendly company
- [30 min; remote] - Phonescreen with one Talent Acquisition Specialist
- [60 min ; remote] - Interview visio with the hiring manager and a talent acquisition specialist
- Technical test
- [60 min ; remote] – final interview with your future department director
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.