Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
The Build Engineer will support the QC Teams in areas of build delivery automation and storage management, test automation pipeline and farms in order to optimize QC daily activities.
- Set up, manage and maintain dedicated build distribution tool for QC
- Work with QC Tech Department stakeholders, QC Project Managers and Production Teams to efficiently set up prerequisites for automated build distribution on QC floors
- Set up, manage and maintain the BUC QC Automation farms depending on project goals & automation solutions
- Work with QC Tech Department stakeholders, QC Project Managers and Production Teams to set in place the test automation pipeline
- Collaborate with different Ubisoft teams and studios (QC & Dev & GNS) to provide feedback on the build and deployment pipeline on the QC floor; participate to pipeline improvements, if needed.
- Be the owner of build storage, maintenance and forecast for Buc QC
- Support QC Project Managers on build delivery failures and errors in addressing them with our production partners
- Document and update build creation, management and deployment processes, automation farm & deployment process, when needed
- At least 2 years of previous experience as a Build Engineer or similar position;
- Experience working with at least one build system (eg. Quickbuild, Teamcity, Jenkins);
- Proficiency in one or more of the following scripting languages: PowerShell, Python, Shell, Batch scripting;
- Good knowledge of a source control system (eg. Perforce, Git);
Nice to have:
- Basic C# knowledge
- Good knowledge of Windows environment (eg. registries, file system, networking);
- Basic knowledge of database management systems (eg. MySQL);
Through its business units, Ubisoft is committed to enriching people’s lives with original and memorable experiences and it’s defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, gym, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your education and skills.