Build and Release Specialist (pipeline)
As a Build and Release Specialist within Ubi MTL’s Harbour team, you’ll ensure the development and improvement of the build and deployment pipeline and tools for our online libraries and services, while embracing the DevOps philosophy.
In a cutting-edge tech environment that combines C++, C#, Go, Python, Unity plugins (and more) and targets a variety of platforms, game consoles, and cloud providers, you’ll be responsible for assessing existing solutions and tools to establish an up-to-date pipeline for production teams to easily compile, test, deploy, and integrate.
What you’ll do
- Develop a modern build solution, improving build distribution by using tools and solutions to manage dependencies (NuGet, Docker, etc.).
- Integrate new and evolve existing solutions to handle distributed testing and complex, multi-platform integration tests + implement metrics and tools to follow quality and performance.
- Collaborate with game development teams to enhance our current deployment processes for both SDKs (Artefactory/Conan, etc.) and online services (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Evaluate and implement technologies & review and adapt our best practices.
- Gather and understand team needs to enrich the pipeline, help replicate it, and make it a new standard for a wide range of SDKs and online services.
- Act as a go-to person and expert in all topics DevOps (e.g. automation, infrastructure definition, configuration management, deployment, monitoring, continuous integration and delivery, etc.).
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Around 5 years of software development experience (as a build and release engineer, a huge plus)
- In-depth knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and deployment tools (ideally for both SDKs and online services: Git/GitLab, Jenkins/Team City or equivalent, NuGet, Artifactory, Conan, and Docker/Kubernetes)
- Understanding of scripting languages
- A highly collaborative spirit: you’re able to collaborate with an array of teams from a variety of technical backgrounds
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, critical thinking, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
- Ability to resolve problems and take initiative + quickly grasp and adapt to new tools and environments
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
As Ubisoft’s online platform developer, Harbour helps bring high-quality connected experiences to millions of players worldwide. Working alongside production teams, we leverage state-of-the-art solutions to enable value-filled features in all our online games – throughout their development and while they’re live. With a view of Ubisoft’s entire digital ecosystem and a long-term approach to online gaming, we focus on finding the right solution for the right purpose. And if the solution we need doesn’t exist yet? That’s just an opportunity for us to create it.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.