Build and Release Specialist - Linux
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
Ubisoft Global Network Service Production is an innovation catalyst, delivering optimized solutions that offer game production teams a variety of options adapted to their reality. This service is a key element in the game production ecosystem and is used by thousands of game content contributors from all Ubisoft studios.
Joining this team as a Linux Systems Administrator specializing in Version Control, you will have to actively work in a multidisciplinary team, to operate and to evolve our source control and ensure the system’s health and availability.
- Operate the Linux system hosting the source control tools such as OS Installation, storage management, and troubleshoot the system alerts to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality;
- Coordinate with various internal teams when tasks need to be delegated, for example for networking needs;
- Develop scripts and utilities to enhance both functionalities and robustness of the service;
- Document and transfer Source Control Management (SCM) (successful practices;
- Collaborate with architecture and game productions teams to maintain performance and robustness, and adapt to the level of service expected;
- Participate, with other team members, in the uninterrupted support 24/7 of the team services - On Call Rotation on weekends, 1 week every 8 weeks.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux operating systems, preferably CentOS RedHat distributions, with experience in critical system administration - performance and high availability;
- Masters at least one source control tool like Perforce, GIT, Gitlab, Team Foundation, Subversion and good knowledge of Source Control Management concepts codelines, branching, merging, integration, versioning;
- Master scripting languages such as Bash, Perl and Python;
- Knowledge of monitoring system Zabbix and containerization such as Docker and Kubernetes;
- Autonomy with Excellent time-management and prioritization skills as well as the capacity to take initiative and find creative solutions to problems while adapting to a constantly evolving environment;
- Bilingualism French and English is required both orally and in writing.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.