Brand Director M/F
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP, Steep!
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
By joining Ubisoft Annecy, you will have the opportunity to join a community of passionate and collaborative peers, but also to evolve, with pioneering teams in their field, from all around the world. You will progress in a benevolent and inspiring environment in which you push the boundaries of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will enthrall our players.
As Brand Director, you will define the overall brand strategy, including brand extensions, brand positioning and global marketing campaigns, and lead the cross-functional teams in execution of those plans for one of Ubisoft’s brands.
Ubisoft Annecy is currently looking for a passionate marketer, someone who thrives on uncovering consumer insights in order to deliver innovative and effective marketing campaigns. Come and work with the teams that contributed to the success of renowned international brands, and take part in a highly challenging project.
Within our production studio, you will work closely with the Creative Director, Game Director, Art Director, Producer and the Dev team to provide the strategic vision of the brand.
In coordination with the WorldWide marketing teams, you develop and facilitate the implementation of the marketing strategy of the game throughout his life (from conception to live), on the other hand, you ensure that the developments meet consumer expectations.
You are innovative and creative, and not afraid to try new things!
- Define Master plan for the years to come on a AAA brand;
- Identify key-success opportunities for the brand;
- Enlarge the creative team’s vision using the marketing analysis;
- Supervise marketing strategy of each game and by-products under this brand;
- Contribute to the creation of new game concepts from defining the target audience to determining the high-level game experience;
- Work closely with design & live operations team to influence exciting content updates for our targets.
Strategy creation, international collaboration, manage creative development and analytics will be part of your daily challenges!
- You have a minimum of 8-10 years of work experience as a Brand Director (brand strategy / operational marketing) ideally in the video game, or entertainment industry
- You worked at least on 5 released blockbuster games as Brand Manager/Brand Director
- You have experience in working with a production team
- Marketing Expertise: Has a good understanding of the full marketing mix. Demonstrates an ability to learn new markets quickly and can adjust to changes in market dynamics and competitive landscapes.
- Leadership: Can establish a clear vision, then rally partners and cross functional teams to strive to achieve it.
- Drive for Results: Demonstrated ability to take ownership and responsibility for projects. Anticipates problems, marshals resources, and does what it takes to get the job done.
- Passionate about video games: you are a gamer and familiar with different video game media.
- You are strategist, creative, flexible and like to take initiative.
- Fluent in English, French is a plus
You think you can take up the challenge? Please submit a CV and cover letter.
Position available in October-2020 at Annecy, in the French Alps!
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development