Service Programmer - (Java) - Ubiservices (f/m/d)
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Mainz, Düsseldorf and Berlin, we are working on brands like "Anno", "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege", "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", "Ubisoft Escape Games", "The Settlers" and many more.
This position will be located at Ubisoft Düsseldorf (Germany).
In order to continue delivering highly qualitative and innovative game plays we are looking for a motivated and passionate Service Programmer (Java) (f/m/d) that aspires to take games to the next level. In ambitious projects you will build up and maintain high-value productions as Developer in a multi-cultural team. With your experience, you are able to provide a strong technical background, collaborate with teams all around the world and support the team to create a great online services suite for Ubisoft Games (including our AAA Games).
This position will be located at Ubisoft Blue Byte, Düsseldorf (Germany) and requires relocation.
- You develop and maintain new and existing online service used throughout
- the company
- You define and design software requirements and specifications based on user requirements
- You cooperate with project management to ensure on-time high quality delivery for the product departments
- You thoroughly document your work in order to transfer knowledge to your team members
- You are able to create a development plan and break it down into small, clear tasks
- Overall 5 years' experience as a software engineer (Java)
- Strong background in Restful Web Services (both consuming and producing sides)
- Micro Service Architecture experience
- Knowledge of Agile and Continuous Delivery practices
- You are able to work in an agile, fluent English speaking team
- You are familiar with analyzing and debugging performance issues
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with C#
- Experience with DevOps culture
- Experience with AWS or other cloud providers
- Experience with Linux