Network Programmer (f/m/d)
During the game’s development, you commit yourself to answering the most fundamental questions: Will the game be as responsive as possible in multiplayer matches? Does the latency meet a pro-gamer’s expectations? Is the experience as seamless as it can be?
- As a dependable member of a cohesive online team, you will participate in the design, coding, testing, integration and debugging of the game’s networking and multiplayer engine features
- Develop fast, reliable and most importantly, fun multiplayer features in collaboration with gameplay and design teams
- Understand existing functions, suggest and develop improvements with the goal of bringing the best multiplayer experience to our players
- Collaborate daily with a variety of production and support teams
- Resolve network bugs
- Deal with communication between the game client and our dedicated game server. Add features in the clients to be able to send specific information to the server or to other clients.
- Add features to our dedicated game server to be able to handle new use cases: cheat detection, handling of game commands received by clients, integrate S2S communication with other of our global services, etc.
- Integrate our internal SDK providing abstraction over the cloud provider used to deploy the game server
- Integrate and maintain latest versions of our internal network SDK
- Switch some network messages from reliable to unreliable, and handle information redundancy
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering;
- 5+ years of experience in developing and optimizing network code in C++ and Python;
- Experience with multiplayer engines, distributed systems, network optimization, and multi-threading;
- Experience developing network features on Microsoft and Sony consoles is an asset;
- Experience as part of a team that has shipped a multiplayer game is an asset;
- Experience with C# is an asset;
- Proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of quality and vision of the game;
- You are creative and thirsty for innovation
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Lunch & Breakfast Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
About Ubisoft Blue Byte:
With more than 30 years of experience, Ubisoft Blue Byte is one of the pioneers of the German games industry. At three sites in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin the teams develop high-class gaming experiences. Ubisoft Düsseldorf and Ubisoft Mainz are leading the development of Anno 1800 and The Settlers as well as the VR escape room Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time. As co-developer the teams are supporting titles such as Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and Beyond Good and Evil 2. Ubisoft Berlin is focussing on co-development, including the upcoming Far Cry 6. All three studios combined form the German Ubisoft studio network. More Information at bluebyte.ubisoft.com.
About Ubisoft Düsseldorf:
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies. The studio is leading the development of beloved Ubisoft games like The Settlers and the innovative VR escape room experience Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time. As renowned co-developers within the Ubisoft group, Ubisoft Düsseldorf contributes to high profile projects such as Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and Uplay. Ubisoft Düsseldorf is part of the Ubisoft Blue Byte studio network.