Lead UI Engineer [Rainbow Six Siege] (f/m/d)
About Ubisoft Blue Byte:
With more than 30 years of experience, Ubisoft Blue Byte is one of the pioneers of the German games industry. At three sites in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin the teams develop high-class gaming experiences. Ubisoft Düsseldorf and Ubisoft Mainz are leading the development of Anno 1800 and The Settlers as well as the VR escape room Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time. As co-developer the teams are supporting titles such as Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and Beyond Good and Evil 2. Ubisoft Berlin is focussing on co-development, including the upcoming Far Cry 6. All three studios combined form the German Ubisoft studio network. More Information at bluebyte.ubisoft.com.
About Ubisoft Düsseldorf:
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies. The studio is leading the development of beloved Ubisoft games like The Settlers and the innovative VR escape room experience Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time. As renowned co-developers within the Ubisoft group, Ubisoft Düsseldorf contributes to high profile projects such as Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and Uplay. Ubisoft Düsseldorf is part of the Ubisoft Blue Byte studio network.
You will be working with the Lead Programmer and UI implementation team in laying the foundation and architecture of the user interface for our online systems. Your systems are cleanly designed, favor simplicity, and are flexible enough to allow for future expansion.
You will be working as part of our feature teams, including but not limited to quality of life improvements, monetization and retention features of Rainbow Six Siege.
- Work closely together with architects and technical leads within Rainbow Six around the world.
- Collaborate with artists and designers in delivering world-class user interface systems.
- Siege is a fantastic game with a great community, and we work to improve the experience for our users. You are able to carefully balance the need of a developer with the expectations of the end-user.
- Work on a feature from conception, to research, to final implementation.
- Design and implement UI screens and components in C++
- Improving and extending existing game UI and UI framework
- Setting up wireframes for UI Artists and Designers to work in
- Design and implement client-side UI logic, working together with Online Programmers.
- Excellent communication skills, and desire to work as a team-player
- Good understanding of the MVVM paradigm
- Good understanding of modern Software Engineering
- Master or Bachelor degree in (Applied) Computer Science or any relevant qualifications with a strong technical background
- 5+ years of professional experience.
- Strong C++ skills
- Self-direction and motivation
- Fluent in English
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Lunch & Breakfast Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We are offering motivating challenges for true team players with a high level of self-initiative. If you are passionate about games and wish to become part of an innovative and diverse game development studio, please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check our website.