Lead Game Designer [Splinter Cell VR] (f/m/d)
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Anno”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", “Assassin's Creed VR", "Splinter Cell VR" and many more
We are looking for a Lead Game Designer to lead the Düsseldorf team to define and deliver the multiplayer content of the game in time and quality.
In this role and as part of one global team, you lead the global multiplayer team. Reporting to the Senior producer in Düsseldorf, as the Lead Game Designer for multiplayer, you define and implement the multiplayer vision shared by the Creative Director and the Game Director. With your team, you define the multiplayer systems and game modes for the game and you ensure that the online technology is developed and available to make your choice a reality
- Lead a team of interdisciplinary devs (10+ members)
- Lead the design and development of the multiplayer features of the game.
- Empower and guide the team in design, creation and balancing of major game systems;
- Help the team to carry ideas from conception, through to prototyping to detailed design and implementation;
- Mentor, manage and regularly review team members to continue building a cohesive and effective team
- Work with the production, programmers, design and art leads to create task and schedule estimates for the multiplayer team and track development efforts across the team;
- Identify risks and opportunities presented during the development and provide solutions to resolve potentially complex problems
- Gather feedback and evaluate the work performed by team, analyse their impact on the project, and help them use this information to improve and grow.
- Participate in the hiring and interview processes for programmers
- Establish and maintain a healthy team spirit with open communication, constructive feedback culture, with ambition and empowerment within the Düsseldorf team and across the studios.
- 5+ years of development experience and shipped at least two AAA titles
- Experience as Game Director / Lead game Designer / leading a team
- Experience in multiplayer development for PC VR (preferred), PC (necessary), console and mobile (desirable)
- Key knowledge and understanding in multiple areas of design;
- Excellent knowledge of current design methodologies;
- Strong awareness of market trends;
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant documentation software;
- Be an advocate and ambassador for the team and their features and the sharing of information from them;
- Able to create, manage and track work for a team of game designers and have a strong knowledge of the relevant tools to do so;
- Comfortable planning tasks and dependencies for yourself and team members.
- Strong reporting and documentation skills
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written (No German required)
- Great communication skills, a positive attitude & a team player
- Bonus Scheme
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Free English and German; The business language in the studio is English. No German is required to work with us.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Ubisoft pays 50% of your Health Insurance
- Gym Subsidy
- Monthly Travel Budget
- Discounted Ubisoft Games
- & more
Living in Düsseldorf
Düsseldorf is a very international city close to the border of Germany famous for it's Japanese culture. With a Japanese gardens, "Little Tokyo" area for Asian cuisine and celebrating Japan Day along the River Rhine each year. Art Galleries and Museums can be found as well as the "Old City" - a lively area of bars and restaurants amongst traditional German architecture. Two hours from Paris, Amsterdam, the UK and Hamburg - an excellent location to explore Europe even on a weekend. A large Deer park offers a natural sanctuary for those needing a break from the city life. More rural and suburban areas surround the city for those looking for a more relaxed pace.
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal.
The application must include your resume, and a cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, motivation.