Lead Game Designer - [Assassin's Creed VR] (f/m/d)
As Lead Game Designer you'll be heading up the Assassin's Creed VR design team, masterfully steering them towards achieving their goals on this legendary IP. You'll define the systems and game modes for the game, crafting an experience that will be both immersive and memorable for the players. Working as part of a large scale multi-studio project you will be shaping the future of the VR gaming frontier.
- An empowering leader, you will develop and guide a team of interdisciplinary developers; mentoring, managing and regularly reviewing your team members to enable a cohesive, skilled and effective team
- Familiar with the possibilities and limitations of VR development, you'll assist in the design, creation and balancing of major game systems;
- As a supportive figure you'll help the team to carry ideas from conception, through from prototyping to detailed design and implementation;
- Collaborating with the production, programmers, design and art leads, you'll be comfortable planning tasks and dependencies, and scheduling estimates for the team, tracking the progress with the larger deadlines in mind
- With a keen eye, you identify risks and opportunities presented during the development and provide solutions to resolve potentially complex problems
- You are passionate about establishing and maintaining a healthy team spirit with open communication, constructive feedback culture and trust.
- 5+ years of development experience and shipped at least two AAA titles
- Experience as Game Director / Lead Game Designer / leading a team
- Key knowledge and understanding in multiple areas of design with a strong awareness of market trends;
- VR experience and passion
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant documentation software along with strong reporting and documentation skills
- Be an advocate and ambassador for the team and their features and the sharing of information from them;
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written (No German language skills required)
- Great communication skills, a positive attitude and a team player
(f/m/d) = female/male/diverse. At Ubisoft we cultivate an inclusive and diverse work environment and encourage applications regardless of gender identity.
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Development Support: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, paid self-study hours and library.
- Free English and German; The business language in the studio is English. No German is required to work with us.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Gym Subsidy
- Monthly Travel Budget
- Discounted Ubisoft Games
- & more
Living in Düsseldorf
Düsseldorf is a very international city close to the border of Germany famous for it's Japanese culture. With a Japanese gardens, "Little Tokyo" area for Asian cuisine and celebrating Japan Day along the River Rhine each year. Art Galleries and Museums can be found as well as the "Old City" - a lively area of bars and restaurants amongst traditional German architecture. Two hours from Paris, Amsterdam, the UK and Hamburg - an excellent location to explore Europe even on a weekend. A large Deer park offers a natural sanctuary for those needing a break from the city life. More rural and suburban areas surround the city for those looking for a more relaxed pace.
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal.
The application must include your resume, and a cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, motivation.