Generalist Programmer [Skull & Bones] (f/m/d)
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, state of the art video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege", "For Honor", "The Settlers", "Anno", "Far Cry" and many more.
The newly established Ubisoft Berlin studio is set to continue contributing to this impressive line-up and will be working on AAA Co-Development projects together with international Ubisoft teams.
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
At Ubisoft Berlin, we are steadily growing. We are collaborating on the award-winning "Far Cry" series together with international Ubisoft teams, an unannounced project and we are paving the way for even more!
As a newly established Ubisoft studio, we have an ambitious but humble approach to the contribution we want to bring to AAA game development in Germany. We are committed to excellence; we want to dedicate ourselves to delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that will empower our players and make them feel part of the worlds, we create.
We encourage an autonomous and entrepreneurial mindset tailored to our highly motivated talents to create experiences that leave a mark in the games industry as a whole.
Come and join us in one of the most creative and dynamic cities in the world!
We are now accepting applications for Generalist Programmers of all levels of seniority to be based at our studio in Berlin.
As a Generalist Programmer you will develop systems that touch a wide-range of game development areas, and collaborate not only with specialist Programmers in these areas, but also with those from other disciplines. Potential collaborations might involve working with:
- Gameplay Programmers and Designers to realise new game features
- Backend Programmers to define client-server communication protocols
- UI Programmers to supply screens with necessary data, or help with layouts and populating views with data
- Artists and Engine/Tools Programmers to create new content creation workflows
- Production to scope and plan feature development
As well common programming duties such as:
- Reviewing the work of other Programmers
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation
- Debugging and profiling code on multiple platforms
- Managing and mentoring individuals within the Programming Team
We aim to have a wide and diverse range of profiles within our studio; thus, we are looking forward to being surprised by your application. The most important quality for us is to be a strong team player with a resilient and positive attitude.
General job requirements
- Strong C++ skills
- Experience with different programming patterns and abstractions
- Understanding of the code performance and memory-usage implications
- Understanding of the advantages/disadvantages of common programming patterns and abstractions
- Understanding of multithreaded environments and how to work within them
- Familiarity with working in large code bases
- Ability to work in large teams, and with teams working remotely, sometimes in different time zones
- Excellent communication skills in general, as well as written and spoken English
- Curiosity about cutting edge technology and the desire to expand and share new insights
Nice to have
- Experience with C++ in a game development context
- Experience in architecture of complex systems
- Experience on multiplatform projects, including consoles