Gameplay Programmer [Anno] (f/m/d)
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2. More information at mainz.ubisoft.com.
The Anno series delivers a rich city-building experience and provides players ample opportunities to create huge metropolises, plan efficient logistic networks, explore and settle new lands and dominate their opponents by diplomacy, trade or warfare. Our team is now looking for a talented Gameplay Programmer (f/m/d) to join us at Ubisoft Mainz in Germany.
If you are a talented programmer with strong C++, we would love to welcome you on the team. We expect you to have outstanding people skills, a collaborative “yes, and…” attitude, and a longstanding passion for games within many genres on multiple platforms.
Your responsibilities include:
- Design and Implement various gameplay systems and tools for the Anno Brand
- Work closely with game designers, programmers, and artists to ensure a great player experience
- Champion core game values, especially 'gameplay first'
- Strong C / C++ programming skills
- Experience in game programming
- Strong data structures, logic, algorithms, and optimization skills
- Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems, including game object management, AI, pathing, scripting, combat, and online networking
- Speaks “designer” fluently
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in many areas of game development
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English
- Passion for video games
Nice to have:
- Experience in shipping a AAA title
- Experience working with big C++ engines
- Experience in C#, WPF
- UI development experience
- Computer science, mathematics, physics, or related degree
- Experience working on networked games
- Experience working on security issues
- In-depth familiarity with Ubisoft products
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the Mainz region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, a cover letter including your earliest starting date, your salary expectations and why you would like to join us.
For further information, please check our website.