Game Security Programmer (f/m/d)
About Ubisoft Blue Byte:
With more than 30 years of experience, Ubisoft Blue Byte is one of the pioneers of the German games industry. At three sites in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin the teams develop high-class gaming experiences. Ubisoft Düsseldorf and Ubisoft Mainz are leading the development of Anno 1800 and The Settlers as well as the VR escape room Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time. As co-developer the teams are supporting titles such as Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege and Beyond Good and Evil 2. Ubisoft Berlin is focussing on co-development, including the upcoming Far Cry 6. All three studios combined form the German Ubisoft studio network.
About Ubisoft Düsseldorf:
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies. The studio is leading the development of beloved Ubisoft games like The Settlers and the innovative VR escape room experience Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time. As renowned co-developers within the Ubisoft group, Ubisoft Düsseldorf contributes to high profile projects such as Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege and Uplay. Ubisoft Düsseldorf is part of the Ubisoft Blue Byte studio network.
Your primary objective as our next Game Security Programmer is to develop and improve new and/or existing security solutions by assisting our game teams to develop secure games.
Further responsibilities include:
- Develop new security components for our upcoming games
- Improve security of existing game systems
- Acquire a strong knowledge of the existing anti-cheat and anti-piracy solutions
- Collaborate with other team members for transferring security knowledge
- Carry out all other related tasks
- Game developers with an interest in security problematics are welcome!
Skills and experience
- Good knowledge of C and C++
- Systematic and pragmatic mindset
- Proficiency in oral and written English
- Experience in programming robust and efficient code
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in a software development field
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science or any other relevant discipline is a plus
- Common constraints and limitations of multiplayer/online games
- Common vulnerabilities and exploitation methods of multiplayer/online games
- Reverse engineering, decompiling, tracing and debugging is a plus