Automation Engineer (f/m/d)
About Ubisoft Blue Byte:
With more than 30 years of experience, Ubisoft Blue Byte is one of the pioneers of the German games industry. At three sites in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin the teams develop high-class gaming experiences. Ubisoft Düsseldorf and Ubisoft Mainz are leading the development of Anno 1800 and The Settlers as well as the VR escape room Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time. As co-developer the teams are supporting titles such as Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and Beyond Good and Evil 2. Ubisoft Berlin is focussing on co-development, including the upcoming Far Cry 6. All three studios combined form the German Ubisoft studio network. More Information at bluebyte.ubisoft.com.
About Ubisoft Düsseldorf:
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies. The studio is leading the development of beloved Ubisoft games like The Settlers and the innovative VR escape room experience Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time. As renowned co-developers within the Ubisoft group, Ubisoft Düsseldorf contributes to high profile projects such as Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and Uplay. Ubisoft Düsseldorf is part of the Ubisoft Blue Byte studio network.
You will be building and establishing an automation test strategy for one of our unannounced game titles in collaboration with the team’s testing and Build & Release departments. This includes managing the close collaboration with the quality assurance team and developers for a successful implementation.
You will also be responsible for reviewing existing solutions and providing feedback to the different stakeholders.
You will also have the option to visit and work from collaborating studios.
As an Automation Engineer, you contribute to create, build and improve an automated testing setup to guarantee a certain level of quality and decrease the manual testing efforts throughout the game’s development and deployment.
The main and routine tasks of this position are to:
- Create an automation test framework for internal games, applications, and services within the game and Ubisoft’s environments
- Develop functional tests for multicomponent games and applications
- Implement test solutions to the test workflow
- Closely collaborate and exchange with testing, development and external teams
- Engage and support when encountering issues in the process
- Actively participate in the centralized discussions and efforts towards global automation strategy of Ubisoft
- 2+ years of experience in Quality Assurance in the area of automation
- Broad knowledge on different programming and scripting languages like C#, C++, Python
- Good knowledge of different test frameworks, like Selenium, Ranorex
- Experience with different versioning systems, preferably Perforce
- Experience with XML / JSON processing
- Experience in the development of functional testing and test frameworks
- Experience with continuous integration tools and build pipelines like Jenkins, team city, Bamboo
- Good oral and written communication in English
- Knowledge of streaming technologies
- Knowledge of Cloud solutions
- Knowledge of Packaging Systems (zip, nu-get, chocolatey)
- Experience of working with unit tests
- Experience in REST API testing
- Experience working in Linux
- Experience with signing and fingerprinting
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Lunch & Breakfast Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
For further information please check our website.