Art Director [Splinter Cell VR] (f/m/d)
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Mainz, Düsseldorf and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Anno”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", “Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers” and many more.
Join today to shape the future of VR. We are adding to an established core team to work on a prestigious new Splinter Cell VR project. Being developed for the Oculus platform, on one of Ubisoft’s most iconic and legendary IP’s on a multi studio project across the globe, and with the budget of AAA production. You can make an impact on the future of AAA VR games with this iconic franchise.
We are looking for an Art Director to lead this project artistic vision across all studios. Working with a team of seasoned professionals like yourself you will define the overall vision for art and how to best realize the game’s creative ambitions partnering with the Game and Creative Director. Furthermore, you will have the benefit of building an art team that fosters an atmosphere of excellence and collaboration both within and out with the art discipline to deliver the best overall game experience.
This is a permanent position based in Düsseldorf, Germany, and requires working onsite.
- Create, drive and uphold the artistic vision and direction for a Splinter Cell game whilst honoring the brand.
- Collaborate with other studios to ensure consistency and quality for the project;
- Collaborate with Creative and Project Directors to create technically sound, engaging and memorable visuals;
- With your team, deliver state of the art visuals, finding the right balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints.
- A passion for VR; Experience in VR is a bonus
- Shipped at least 1 AAA title as an Art Director coupled with previous experience as a Lead Artist
- Experience with outsourcing and co-development is a bonus
- Clear understanding of art pipelines.
- Ability to frame delivery goals for a team, and review and dynamically adjust them to achieve success.
- In-depth comprehension of the technical landscape; hardware, software and techniques.
- Unity knowledge is a bonus
- Strong documentation skills and the ability to effectively apply them to production
- Documented leadership experience and great collaboration skills
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- Be a team player
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Lunch & Breakfast Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- English and German classes for free; The business language in the studio is English. No German is required to work with us.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal.
The application must include your resume, and a cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, motivation.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.