3D Artist [Beyond Good And Evil 2] (f/m/d)
About Ubisoft Mainz
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2.
Beyond Good And Evil 2 is an action-adventure sci-fi RPG set in the same universe as Ubisoft’s original cult classic. You can now join our crew at Ubisoft Mainz to help us shape this amazing project.
As a 3D Artist on our team, you will enable our players to explore a game world filled with beautiful 3D environments and objects.
From design and prototyping to creating 3D assets, you will shape the universe of Beyond Good And Evil 2. You work closely with the lead artist and your colleagues in concept art to realize buildings, environments, landscape elements and game objects that bring the artistic vision of our game to life.
What you will do:
- Work closely with the lead artist understand the overall game vision and quality goals
- Design, prototype and create AAA quality game assets, while staying organized and meeting agreed deadlines
- Work closely with concept artists; study their concepts and research your own references in order to bring a believable but breathtaking world to live
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints with the help of the lead artist
- Iterate to improve your work based on feedback from your lead and interdependent team members
What you bring:
- At least 3 years of experience in 3D Art (ideally within video games); Creating 3D models and textures
- Excellent knowledge of 3DS Max and Photoshop
- Strong technical understanding of 3D creation processes
- Creative mindset with a very good eye for details
- Good texturing and drawing skills
- Ability to deliver high- and low poly assets
- Ability to get best results using normal maps and material usage
- Good command of spoken and written English
*Experience with mudbox or zbrush is a plus
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- A portfolio with a breakdown of your best and most fitting work – seriously, show us your process and why you are a great fit! (attach work samples or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the Mainz region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.