BI Developer - ETL Solutions
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
Ubisoft Enterprise Data is responsible for offering various internal services such as Datalake, Enterprise data warehouse, Big Data platform, Reporting tools and Logstash. Within the Entreprise Data team, we have the Customer Mangement Team working mainly on merging gaming activity data to other customer-centric data, to provide internal Ubisoft business partners with the ability to better understand our players.
By Joining this team as a full-time BI Developer, you’ll be a part of an Agile team, responsible for working on features to optimize the process to extract, transform, clean and move data to our Data Warehouse. Furthermore, You’ll ramp up on our current data warehouse technologies (Informatica, Teradata, Hadoop) and then help tackle new challenges as we move to cloud-based platforms and explore new ways to deliver data and insights to our Ubisoft stakeholders.
- Develop, test and migrate extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) processes;
- Adapt ETL processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business user requirements;
- Map source system data to data warehouse models;
- Maintain and support batches and track data quality;
- Conduct root cause analysis for production ETL issues to identify enhancements and optimizations;
- Collaborate with Production support team to improve stability and reliability of the ETL pipeline;
- Write technical documentations that will allow a better follow up of the system contents and developments made;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 3 years experience in developing ETL processes using tools such as Informatica PowerCenter (preferred), SSIS, IBM Datastage, and/orTalend;
- 3 years working with data from various database engines such as Teradata (preferred), SQL Server, and/or Snowflake.
Knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of Big Data Technologies like Hadoop;
- Experience with tuning and optimizating ETL processes and database queries;
- Experience with data quality processes, an asset;
- Experience with reporting and analytic presentation tools such as MicroStrategy or Tableau is an asset;
- Good PL/SQL skills;
- Strong data warehousing concepts;
- Strong capacity to communicate ideas and solutions to non-technical people;
- Good organizational, and structure skills;
- Bilingual (French/English) is required both orally and written.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.