BI Developer – ETL Data Warehousing
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
As a BI developer, as part of an Agile team, you’ll work on a project aiming to help our quality control teams monitor productivity and stability of our games to ensure we meet our delivery objectives. You will also help the Enterprise Data team to implement its new platform using cloud technologies, namely Snowflake.
You will be responsible for all developments of the BI chain, from data integration using our internal ETL tool Teradata utilities and Python to the reporting under Microstrategy or Tableau.
- Work with the Business Analyst to identify and understand business needs and then translate them into technical solutions;
- Model the decision-making process in collaboration with the data modellers;
- Design and test the ETL processes from the data lake;
- Build the necessary semantic layers and reports using Microstrategy;
- Prepare the deliverables to the different production environments and participate in the functional validation by providing technical support to the users;
- Write the technical documentation that will allow improving the contents follow-up and the evolution of the system;
- Be active in the developer community by monitoring technology and participating in R&D projects.
Training and experience
- University degree in Information Technology;
- Minimum 3 years experience working with business intelligence projects;
- Minimum 3 years experience or more in the modelling and development phases of data warehouse solutions;
- Experience with Informatica or SSIS or IBM Datastage or other major solutions tools;
- Minimum 1 year of development experience with Python.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse Snowflake (SaaS);
- Experience in ETL flow development with various data sources: NoSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Online contents;
- Knowledge of Hadoop technologies namely HDFS, Hive, or Spark, and/or other big data technologies;
- Experience with reporting or data visualization tools such as Microstrategy or Tableau;
- Knowledge of the cloud environment using AWS, GCP, or Azure is an asset;
- Knowledge of the Airflow workflow management tool is a strong asset;
- Experience in best practices in data engineering and software development, and DevOps is an asset;
- Solid problem-solving skills as well as demonstrated responsibility and capacity to work autonomously, prioritizing and organizing your own work;
- Knowledge of Agile methodology is a plus;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (Bilingual - French and English).
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.