Backend Developer [C++/ Security] (f/m/d)
The Game Security Development team develops solutions that help Ubisoft maintaining the integrity of its games. To be tackled security risks can cover a wide range such as cheating, server-security and information disclosure.
What You'll do
The backend developer works on maintaining, managing, and extending the custom C++ backend solution, as well as developing new solutions to facilitate analytics and operations.
Your primary objective as Backend Developer in the game security field is to develop and improve the online part of new and/or existing security solutions that’ll be used directly or indirectly by our game development teams to maintain the security of their games.
- Actively participate in planning, designing, developing and testing the solutions.
- Evaluate and select tools and technology for new features or improvements.
- Perform load tests and optimize bottlenecks.
- Actively work on the deployment and live operation processes for our online backend.
- Improve security and resilience of the existing systems.
- Connect the existing backend to other online systems within Ubisoft
- Integrate databases where needed.
- Acquire knowledge of the online part of existing anti-cheat and anti-piracy solutions.
- Collaborate with other team members for adapting the online services to specific
What you bring
- Good knowledge of C++
- Systematic and pragmatic mindset
- Proficiency in oral and written English
- Experience in developing scale-able online systems
- Experience with SQL and No-SQL databases, including data-modeling and administration
- Experience in programming robust and efficient code
- Comfortable working in Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodologies
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in a software development field
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science or any other relevant discipline is a plus
Bonus if you have a good understanding of:
- Common vulnerabilities and exploitation methods of online services
- Common constraints and limitations of multiplayer/online games
- Continuous integration and automated deployment
- Cloud-hosted infrastructure
- Asynchronous patterns
- Reverse engineering is a plus
What we Bring
- Relocation and Visa Support
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and 11 bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- All Legal residents of Germany are entitled to free public healthcare