Associate Lead Gameplay Programmer
Ubisoft’s 19 000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
Ubisoft Milan is looking for an Associate Lead Gameplay Programmer who will be involved in the definition of the technical orientations of the project and will be responsible for the architecture, production and implementation of Gameplay features.
- Lead a team of gameplay programmers in charge of transcribing creative ideas into gameplay elements, combining strong managerial and technical skills;
- Challenge programmers choices (code design, implementation) in order to improve the systems;
- Understand and challenge the game design intentions to improve the player experience;
- Prioritize, manage and update daily tasks of the team, creating schedules and roadmaps;
- Monitor and evaluate team work, schedule management, empower and manage performances (objectives, regular feedback, etc.);
- Make sure team goals are met on time, on budget and meeting the needs of production teams;
- Identify risks and opportunities presented during the development and provide solutions to resolve potentially complex problems;
- Manage all communications and meetings with other teams and other studios;
- Mentor, manage and regularly review team members to establish a cohesive and effective team;
- Maintain a collaborative and creative spirit in the team;
- Participate in the sharing of information and knowledge in the field.
- 5+ years of development experience and shipped at least 1 title (preferably within an AAA production);
- Comfortable planning tasks and dependencies for yourself and team members;
- Good knowledge of Jira or equivalent management/planning tools;
- Experience leading a team or mentoring junior team members preferred;
- knowledge of OOP, in particular C++;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team;
- Excellent ability to optimize and debug;
- Knowledge of game development related topics such as AI, animations, 3D math;
- Knowledge of multi-threading and parallel programming;
- Knowledge of Network programming and online game development topics.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We value and celebrate the diversity of cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce. We strongly encourage people of different backgrounds, women, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities and other legally protected individuals to apply.
In order to consider your application, please send us your resume.
The position is based in Milan (Italy) and requires working onsite.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.