Associate Gameplay Engineer
Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 9 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on two unannounced projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
When you’re a Gameplay Engineer at Ubisoft San Francisco, you have direct influence over the game content and the quality of the game experience. You’ll work with the lead gameplay engineer to implement gameplay features and game content. You will collaborate with the game’s design team to create fun experiences for our players.
During the game’s development you’ll focus on building the core features that our players will interact with: character abilities, world events, game modes, etc. You’ll be working to make sure that the game is as fun and accessible as possible, while ensuring that the features are sustainable and extensible.
As a dependable member of a cohesive online game team, you will participate in the design, coding, testing, integration, and debugging of the game’s features. You care about providing our players with the seamless online playground they deserve.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with the engineering team to develop gameplay features and systems
- Collaborate with the design team to ensure features match expectations
- Maintain and extend documentation on gameplay-oriented features and systems
- Self-manage programming task schedule updates and coordinate with production team
- Work with design team to ensure that gameplay systems are used properly
- Document systems and procedures
- Support the features you create up to and after the game’s release
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related area
- C/C++ development and optimization skills
- 1-2 years of experience programming
- Experience working in groups
- Ability to collaborate with designers and artists
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Fitness, physical, and esports challenge reimbursements
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after five years of employment
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status and will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.