Associate Director, Community Development, F2P (M/W)
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving gamechanging challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
Ubisoft is currently seeking a full-time Associate Director to supervise global & cross-team communication-efforts on Free-To-Play Titles, as well as manage Community Developers based directly within F2P Production Teams.
The Associate Director Community Development, F2P is responsible for the overall success of our communication efforts for the brands developed in the studios.
He/She provides a strong connection between the gaming community, the development team & various internal Ubisoft teams, managing key aspects of communication, asset development and working to improve and expand the game experience.
The Associate Director Community Development, F2P will be part of the Lead-Team defining the publishing strategy of the appointed F2P He/She will be in direct contact with the VP, Executive Publisher, and will be reporting to the Head of Community Development, EMEA.
The position is based in Ubisoft Headquarters in Paris, and will require frequent travels to the relevant Production studios.
The Associate Director Community Development, F2P will be tasked with the following:
- Manage a team of Community Developers embedded directly within Production Teams & responsible for the community strategy of given F2P titles, including the direct-to-player communication through social and in-game channels, as well as the escalation of community feedback to marketing & production stakeholders.
- Act as liaison towards Executive Producers, Live Producers and Brand Directors to ensure communications operations is linked to game-activity & marketing strategy
- Partner with production-teams to understand product designs and provide feedback on features & tools that drive in-game & out-of-game engagement.
- Ensure coherence & consistency between Production Team, PR/Content Creators Teams, Digital Influence Teams, Community Teams & Frontline/CS Teams
- Build, drive & track overall Studio community budget
- Help & train Community-Team members to be the face & voice of the Studio towards game-communities.
- Support & strengthen team’s operational excellence, and mentor team-members towards continuous growth.
- Ensure Community Developers & Community Managers are well connected with the Production teams they support
- Contribute to the establishment of global best practices, workflows, KPIs & measurement-metrics for Free-To-Play Titles Communication Operations
Candidates for this position should have a thorough understanding of contemporary gaming genres and platforms, including fluency with games-as-a-service practices and F2P production/business models. The ideal candidate is a creative and passionate gamer, comfortable with online communities, social media activity & gaming-influencers, with excellent communication skills, and the drive to coach team members to achieve excellence.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong experience working in community- or communications-related fields
- Well-versed in social media, live streaming, and digital content.
- Excellent leadership skills and proven expertise managing teams in diverse locations and dynamic environments
- Very strong written and verbal English communications skills.
- Ability to lead a global team to prioritize tasks and deliver on time. Highly motivated and proactive, always seeking solutions to problems.
- Flexible, strives in fast changing situations and strong at multi-tasking
- Loves and plays video games, a must.
- International travel required
Position available immediately and based in Saint Mandé (metro line 1).
In application of the health measures related to COVID-19, recruitment interviews will be conducted by videoconference to protect your health and that of our team.