Associate Creative Director [Assassin's Creed VR] (f/m/d)
At Ubisoft Düsseldorf, we are currently looking for an Associate Creative Director for Assassin’s Creed VR currently in development for the Oculus platform. You will join a large-scale multi-studio project, with the budget of AAA production behind you, and with the goal to deliver a benchmark title for VR and for the Oculus platform.
As Associate Creative Director, you will work alongside the Creative Director, and be responsible for identifying and delivering genre-leading experiences that push VR and the Assassin’s Creed franchise forward. You will be one of the key vision holders for the game and will be responsible for setting standards and ensuring our game achieve the highest quality standards. This is a rare opportunity to be part of one of the industry's biggest open world franchises.
In addition to serving as Associate Creative Director on Assassin’s Creed VR, you will also be the Creative Director for the VR track in Ubisoft Düsseldorf, defining and communicating the high-level vision that shapes the games that we will produce in the future. You will also be in charge of fostering and improving the design teams capabilities and understanding of VR best practices.
- On Assassin’s Creed VR, you will take over the actual vision for the game and support it until release.
- You will define a clear, cohesive creative vision for upcoming VR games produced in the studio.
- Pitch the game vision to the editorial team and upper management; represent your team and the project to them.
- Work closely with other core team members to develop their specific parts of the vision and unify your concepts to tie together all design, graphic, narrative, and technical elements.
- Communicate (and emphasize) the creative direction across the production floor to guide teams.
- Validate the consistency and quality of the game to ensure creative alignment between branding, experience, and strategy.
- Review and discuss production priorities, timelines, and scope with the Production team.
- Collaborate and communicate in a large co-dev project with diverse disciplines (Programmers, Designers, UI/UX, User Research, QA, etc.)
- Around 7 years of leadership experience in the video game industry (or other relevant experience): you’re a creative leader with a vision for the future of games
- Previous experience in VR design
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Effective cross-departmental communication: you have the know-how to comfortably communicate with all disciplines (programming, art, design, marketing, production, testing)
- A highly collaborative and innovative spirit
- The ability to take technical and production feasibility into account when coming up with concepts
- Mentorship: you’re motivated to share your expertise to guide the next generation of creatives
- Autonomy in using presentation and design tools (e.g. PowerPoint, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Knowledge of game engines and their limitations
- Strong experience in stakeholder management, working out requirements and priorities between the production team and business, marketing and other strategic partners
- A solid understanding of the market & a (fiery) passion for video games
- This position is located in Germany and requires relocation.
- No German language skills necessary; only proficiency in English
Looking to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace with a great work life balance? In our open, international and friendly environment you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Our state of the art studio will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences that will stay with the players.
Living in Düsseldorf
Düsseldorf is a very multi-national city close to the border of Germany famous for its Japanese culture. A Japanese gardens, "Little Tokyo" area for Asian cuisine, and celebrating Japan Day along the River Rhine are a part of it's charm.
Art Galleries, nature parks and Museums can be found as well as the "Old City" - a lively area of bars and restaurants amongst traditional German architecture.Two hours from Paris, Amsterdam, the UK & Hamburg - an excellent location to explore Europe even on a weekend.
For more information here: Studio Life & Düsseldorf
- Relocation Assistance provided
- Flexible work hours
- Monthly travel budget
- 26 days holiday, 11 days public holidays, 5 Care for your Sick Child days (all paid)
- Health Insurance (50% contribution paid by Ubisoft) and paid sick days
- Pension Scheme
- Gym subsidy
- Monthly childcare budget
- Discounted games & more
Diversity & Inclusion: (f/m/d = female, male, diverse) At Ubisoft we foster an inclusive environment. All applications are welcome!