As an artistic director, you are responsible of the content, the artistic quality and you are responsible of the production of the art team. You need to verify that the visual elements are realistic and align with the global vision of the game to maximise the gamer’s experience.
What you’ll do:
- Elaborate an artistic chart for the art team based on the creative direction (movies it’s based on, concurential games, design documents) by creating visual concepts and by being sensible to the quality of the data integration in the engine.
- Communicate the expectations of the artistic vision to your team on a content and a quality level through good visual references and documents describing the artistic direction.
- Validate the team’s work to respect the targeted quality and to align the elements produced with the vision and the artistic chart of the game. This is accomplished by explaining the vision in an accessible manner and by validating comprehension within the team
- Make sure that the project guideline is respected by working in collaboration with the project manager, the technical director, and the programming teams
- Contribute to work planification in collaboration with the planification manager according to the work of each task and the team impact to provide a compromise between the desired quality and the capacity of achievement (time, cost, resources, etc.)
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What you’ll bring:
- Degree in art and 5 years of experience in game production or any other related experience
- Or a college diploma in a video game program and 8 years of experience in a video game production or any other related experience
- 2 years of experience as an assistant director or an assistant artistic director (asset)
- Ability to give effective feedback, to give an artistic direction and to make it a shared objective
- A creative, collaborative, and innovative mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills and presentation
- An open-minded attitude: you are open to new ideas and perspective
- An efficient communication between teams: you have the knowledge to communicate with technical or creative teams
- A good general artistic culture (asset)
Ubisoft Saguenay is a multidisciplinary team building video games since 2018. We’re looking for passionate creators who want to design outstanding games and deliver memorable experiences to our players.
When you join Ubisoft Saguenay, you play a key role in creating world-class video games.
At the studio, you’ll discover an innovative, dynamic and creative world: a unique environment that offers constant career advancement, a welcoming learning environment and competitive compensation packages.
You’ll work on prestigious titles in partnership with our Canadian Ubisoft studios.
Create the unknown. Join the adventure!
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.