About Ubisoft & Shanghai Studio:
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2018-19 fiscal year Ubisoft generated Net Bookings of €2,029 million.
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 400+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games.
As our Art Director, you will translate the vision to artistic assets, establish the artistic direction and create the visual style of the game. You are responsible for ensuring that visual elements are of highest quality. You will also act as visionary who inspires, motivates and supports the art team. Your work will include diving into the unknown and exploring different exciting possibilities.
What You Will Do
- Define, hold and drive the project’s artistic vision in line with the overall creative direction for the game
- Create a unified and consistent visual style for the game
- Drive the creation of art and ensure that a unified vision is maintained and that artists have clear benchmarks for asset production
- Lead the delivery of high-quality art assets under technical and production constrains
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints.
- Be an active mentor and role model for the art team. Work to maintain morale and create an atmosphere of creativity and enthusiasm.
- Keep informed about latest advances in game art technique and technology
- Participate in recruitment to build the artistic team & foster their growth.
What you should have:
- 10+ years of experience in crafting video game art
- At least 5 years of leadership experience in the video game industry, 2 years of Art Direction experience, especially realistic art style
- Must have shipped a minimum of 1-2 AAA games
- Is experienced in people management and has excellent leadership skills
- Good Knowledge of Photoshop and 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max)
- Ability to revise the work done by others and suggest improvements if necessary
- Excellent artistic judgement
- Understanding of art fundamentals and artistic culture
- Great communication (and in English) and presentation skills combined with a positive attitude
- Natural curiosity and creativity with the ability to explore new ideas and learn from others
What To Send Our Way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, skills, and any games shipped
- A portfolio of your best work (provide a link to your personal website or online portfolio)
Why Ubisoft Shanghai?
Be a part of the most exciting and innovating video game company in China. Come to work in Shanghai, an amazing city renowned as “Paris of the East”.
Together with a team of multi-national professionals equipped with the cutting-edge technologies, you can be assured of an experience that is both aspirational and fulfilling.
By working in Shanghai studio, you will also be offered with an array of career development opportunities, an abundant training resources, and moreover, a stimulating and creative work environment.
If you’re looking for this kind of job opportunity, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Shanghai.
Join us for an exciting adventure and make great games!