At Ubisoft Bucharest, we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on projects that shape the entertainment industry. From Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and many others – join us in creating the next big titles in gaming.
Your life at Ubi
As an Animator at Ubisoft, you will be working on one of our 3A games. You will be part of a passionate team all driven by the desire to create and deliver innovative games that stand out for their quality.
Your main mission:
- Understands the main needs of the consumer and makes sure that the elements developed by him/her will contribute to the satisfaction and the entertainment of the consumer;
- Delivers work in accordance with the artistic direction of the project;
- Work alongside the other departments and disciplines to understand both the Design and the Engine limitations and deliver the best functional animations possible;
- Animate characters, cameras or objects used for real time or pre-calculated sequences;
- Integrate animations to the game while ensuring technical constraints are met;
- Deliver animatic and quick draft animation to proof idea;
- Produce final, high quality animation from scratch, pre-designed draft or motion capture footage;
- Participate in the creation and realization of in-game animations as well as of cinematic sequences;
- Follows the quality standards, the aspects of the game wanted as well as the respect of the deadlines;
- Share his/her experience and help the less experienced members of the team;
- Reports to the Lead Animator / Technical Director.
The professional value you bring:
- Enthusiasm and desire to work in the game development industry;
- Knowledge of a 3d package - 3DSMAX, Character Studio and MotionBuilder;
- Have a good understanding of animation principles – timing, weight and staging;
- Good knowledge and experience in keyframing executing convincing, realistic, well timed animations;
- Good rigging skills, understands all aspects of character rigging and skinning;
- Good understanding of motion capture technique and mo-cap data processing knowledge;
- Good understanding of acting;
- Ability to learn game engine tools and pipeline;
- Effectively shares his knowledge and is able to coach less experienced people;
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize his work in the context of given timescales and quality requirements;
- Very good English skills;
We consider a plus:
- Experience in the gaming industry will be considered an advantage;
- Experience in melee combat animation system;
- Experience with hitbox based gameplay systems;
- Scripting (maxscript, python).
The personal value you bring:
- Very good artistic skills;
- Critical analysis and problem solving;
- Self-motivated with proactive attitude to improve own qualifications;
- Open to receive and act on constructive criticism;
Applications without portfolio won’t be considered!
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. This ambition is very much embedded into our work here, at Ubisoft Romania, where we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on creating worlds that shape the entertainment industry - from Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and other exciting projects, yet to be announced. We are driven by the work we do and inspired by the fun we have while doing it!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
The production team is very diverse in specialties, and this makes all the magic happen. Together, they create amazing worlds that take entertainment to the next level.