(Closed) Animation Technical Director M/F
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their desire to enrich the lives of players by original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to amazing worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to surprising moments of fun and adventure that also help you as a player to discover yourself and learn.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP, Steep!
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
By joining Ubisoft Annecy, you will have the opportunity to join a community of passionate and collaborative peers, but also to evolve, with pioneering teams in their field, from all around the world. You will progress in a benevolent and inspiring environment in which you push the boundaries of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will enthrall our players.
Do you have talent and experience in the video game industry? Do you want to join a challenging, stimulating, creative and friendly work environment? Join us!
Ubisoft Annecy is looking for a Technical Director 3D Animation M/F to join our teams working on a new AAA game !
Directly under the responsibility of the Technical Director supervisor, you will be responsible for determining, preparing and adapting the tools that will be used during production on the Animation, Animation graphics (behavior tree) side.
Your main challenges will be:
- Define the projects and improvements to the existing pipeline (Cinematics, Ingame Animation, Motion Capture, Ragdoll, Facial, Rig ..)
- Develop or find the best tools and methods to improve and facilitate the work of Animators.
- Support the animation team on a daily basis to solve their technical problems and help them make decisions to optimize ingame animation graphs.
- Technical Guarantor of the respect of the constraints established in partnership with the other trades (memory, FPS, on the different consoles)
- Produce tools, methods, training, processes and engine constraints documents for future reference
- Coordinate and act as interlocutor between the animation team and the programming team
- Communicate regularly the technical constraints to the animation team
- Be the technical point of contact for technical problems related to animations
- Perform other related duties
We expect a lot of Technical and Artistic innovation to achieve the high level of quality demanded !
In taking this role, your technical decisions will have a large influence on the production and your role will be key for the project!
A minimum of 7 years’ experience as Animation / Character Technical Director (in the video game industry preferably)
- Excellent knowledge of real-time animation systems and video games
- Excellent knowledge of Motion Builder and Motion Capture Body and Facial
- Excellent knowledge of python (ORSDK and C # desired)
- Knowledge of another DCC (maya, max ..)
- Knowledge in Rigging / Ragdoll (Havok) is a plus
- Ability to work in a team and to take up challenges.
- Fluent English is essential to carry out your missions (French is a plus)
Do you think you are the superman we are looking for?
Please submit a CV and all personal/professional work or portfolio websites.
Position available as soon as possible in Annecy!
At Ubisoft Annecy, we are looking for innovative and original minds who want to build the future of the video game industry.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development.