At Ubisoft Bucharest, we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on projects that shape the entertainment industry. From Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and many others – join us in creating the next big titles in gaming.
Your life at Ubi
As the Animation Director you will be responsible for the gameplay and cinematic animation content for an entire project.
You will ensure the visual elements are credible and in line with the overall game vision in an effort to maximize the player’s experience
You are responsible for talent outreach: identifying, reaching out, meeting, and developing relationships with talent (artists, writers, directors, animators, etc.) with the goal of soliciting pitches for original AAA game content that meet the market standards and mandates.
Your main mission:
- Set out the artistic charter for the entire game based on the creative direction (reference films, competitors’ games, design documents) by developing visual concepts and remaining aware of the quality of the data integration in the engine;
- Communicate expectations of the artistic vision to the team in regards to quality and content through appropriate visual references and documents;
- Validate the work carried out by the team to ensure that quality objectives are met and that the elements produced are in line with the game’s vision and the artistic charter;
- Ensure the project’s direction is followed by working in close collaboration with the project manager, technical director (TD) and the programming team;
- Help plan the work in collaboration with the person who oversees planning based on the scope of each task and the impact on his team in order to find the right compromise between the desired quality and the delivery constraints (time, cost, resources, etc.);
- Direct the actors during MoCap sessions in order to follow the artistic vision in order to optimize the production of the animators.
The professional value you bring:
- Experience in video game animation or other relevant experience with proven track record of shipped titles
- Excellent understanding of 3D workflows and most common software platforms (Motion builder, Maya, Premiere etc.)
- Good understanding of the game engine and tech limitations
- Experience working on large franchise properties
- Experience working with high profile strategic partners
The personal value you bring
- Creative, imaginative and artistic flair
- Good Understanding of consumer products
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while demonstrating strong design skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Flexible and adaptable in a dynamic environment;
- Knowledge and passion for animation: deep understanding of animation production;
- Outstanding people skills;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Strong Connections with the animation community;
- Strong presentation skills: written and verbal communication skills.
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. This ambition is very much embedded into our work here, at Ubisoft Romania, where we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on creating worlds that shape the entertainment industry - from Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and other exciting projects, yet to be announced. We are driven by the work we do and inspired by the fun we have while doing it!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
The production team is very diverse in specialties, and this makes all the magic happen. Together, they create amazing worlds that take entertainment to the next level.