About the Organisation:
Ubisoft is a leading developer and publisher of video games worldwide whose brand portfolio covers blockbusters such as Assassin’s Creed and Splinter Cell, as well as games for the whole family, from Imagine and Petz to Rayman Raving Rabbids. To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing Indian studios in Pune & Mumbai where we stand 1000+ strong today in strength! If you’ve got the skills and the desire to succeed, we want you to be a part of this exciting period of growth.
We have very challenging and exciting opportunities for creative minds to develop their expertise and capabilities to grow. At Ubisoft we favour diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit, and, together, we build success.
To learn more, please visit our website.
Note: Final Designation/Level will be decided based on the relevant experience and interview ratings.
The holder of this position is responsible for the development of the animations using the characters and objects to construct the animated scenes of the game.
- Create engaging and believable in-game animations, whilst achieving the quality bar set by the lead animator and following the artistic vision set out by the Art and Creative Directors on the project.
- Own and take responsibility for the product’s final animation quality. Follow up on the engine implementation of animations to ensure they adhere to the requirements set by art and gameplay. (Fluidity, timing, weight perception, performance, etc.).
- Supportive attitude and able to work around creative challenges other departments may ask of you whilst still ensuring the best quality level in the animations.
- Play an important role in review cycles, both in providing feedback on animations and self-improvement based on feedback from your team.
- Be a gamer through an animator’s lens by joining playtests, playing the game, and bring valuable insights and improvements on how to make the game even better.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues whilst promoting a culture of owning issues fully but reaching out for support and being good communicators for support needs where necessary.
- 5+ years of professional experience in game production with shipped titles
- Proficient with industry-standard tools (e.g., Maya, MotionBuilder, Unity)
- Strong knowledge of gameplay animation and its surrounding systems
- A game developer first mentality (passionate about video games and game animation)
- Ability to work in Agile/Scrum development cycles.
- Approachable with excellent communication skills across multiple disciplines; ability to work closely with direction to achieve great results, and to work collaboratively.
- Knowledge of an asset management software (ex: Perforce, VSS, Alienbrain)
- Ability to draw is an asset
- Professional experience with 1st person, 3rd person, and creature animation.
- Experience with motion capture.
- Good knowledge of the Unity Engine, Animation Controllers in particular.
- Experience with animation trees and state machines in general.
- Good knowledge of Motion Builder and mocap pipelines.
- Basic rigging and skinning knowledge.
Ubisoft India is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.