With a team of more than 500 talented, innovative and passionate creators, Ubisoft Quebec keeps on growing and continues its ascension. Founded in 2005, the studio has been involved in several key Ubisoft franchises over the years, developing cutting-edge expertise in major AAA game development. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec team assumed the leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and they have just finished working on a brand new game, Immortals Fenyx Rising.
As a 3D Animator at Ubi Qc, you are responsible for creating high-quality animations for a game following a style that allows players to fully immerse themselves in a perfectly coherent and convincing world.
Whether you animate a hero or a monster, a crowd or an object, you always think about the intention of the movement and the behavior of the subject. Your're concerned with defining how each piece fits into the whole game. When you look at the final product and you see that the months of work on mecanics and decision-making merge into a work of art that brings a beautiful new world to life.
Teamwork is essential to get to this point. As an animator, you see in every movement of a person a hidden story. You collaborate with artists, designers, programmers and other animators, all of whom have opinions, ideas and constraints, but who all share the common goal of representing an authentic universe that stands out from a unique flavor.
What you’ll do
- Learn and apply the project style and qualitative objectives.
- Participate in the evolution and implementation of style and animations in all facets of the game.
- Work within a group of facilitators to cultivate style, but also vary groups to serve and enhance the gaming experience.
- Would work closely or indirectly on the implementation of animation in the game.
Then, according to the stage of production
- Prototyping animation, animation blocking, key framing, mocap editing.
- Test your animations in their context of games and iteration of its latest.
- Troublshoot your animations and their implementations.
- Evolve your animations to the maximum of their potential.
What you bring
- Experience in animation in video games, or the equivalent.
- Proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of visuals.
- Experience with animation software such as Motion Builder or Maya.
- You love pushing the envelope, but you also understand the demands cohesive teamwork.
*For your information : if you need a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and relevant years of experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills.
- Please feel free to send us a portfolio of your previous work (attach files or send us a link to your personal website).
Have access to benefits that make a real difference in your day-to-day life :
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer who believes that diversity of backgrounds and perspectives is essential to creating worlds where gamers and their teams can thrive and express themselves. It's about taking on exciting challenges, being at the forefront of cutting-edge technology and being part of the future of entertainment.