What you’ll do
You are a talented and creative concept artist and you love to create impactful illustration using painting and photobashing? Ubisoft wants to hear from you!
We are looking for a particularly gifted and versatile Concept/Illustrator 2D Artist to participate in the creation of the marketing content. This full-time position is a part of the growing Ubisoft Creative services Marketing Team based in Montreal, Canada.
As a 2D Artist, you will have an impact into all the steps in the key art creation, from the concept phase to the final photobashing of the final piece. Your responsibilities will be to create concept, illustration and photobash the final 3d renders to reach the quality needed for Ubisoft creative services promotional campaigns.
This position requires collaborating with the Art manager, Art director and Producer to meet deadlines and execute the visual direction.
Artistic talent, experience, effective communication, and teamwork are essential components of a successful applicant.
The ideal candidate has significant experience in conceptualization, design and illustration of a wide range of environments, objects, characters and architectures. An academic understanding of the form, structure, color and exceptional lighting and a particularly creative imagination are essential to the position.
- Create digital paintings for the marketing and production teams following the Art direction brief and feedbacks;
- Create sketches, studies and designs of characters, accessories and special decor elements;
- Create environmental studies, atmospheric elements and screen overlays (paint overs);
- Communicate with production team to clarify the concepts to achieve delivery dates;
- Participate in meetings to share ideas and knowledge.
- Create initial concepts from basic sketches, and then add the details required to reach final and specific concepts.
- Paint over and photobash on top of 3d renders provide by the 3d teams to push the details and refine the art to the final Art.
What you bring
- At least 3 years of experience as a conceptual artist / Illustrator
- Excellent 2d skills as concept, illustration and photobashing.
- Character and concept design in a range of different styles
- Ability to match exciting art style
- Ability to produce high quality profile arts
- Knowledge with Maya and 3ds max is a plus
- Important skills in conceptual art with a good understanding of perspective, color, light and atmosphere and how to use them correctly in the reproduction of the concept;
- Ability to quickly express the vision in terms of linear art and color image reflecting the atmosphere, the composition and interpretation;
- Good knowledge of Photoshop and 2d tools
- Solid base for traditional arts, including figurative drawing, landscape, and illustration;
- Ability to work in a variety of styles and specific styles, also sometimes produced by another artist or artistic director;
- Autonomous, good communicator and an excellent team player;
- Able to work under pressure and sometimes according to dates and deadlines;
- Unconditional lover of video games;
- Ability to easily adapt to change
- Good oral and written communication;
- Attention to details.
What to send our way
Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.